Jun 24 2013
By: Baconis Splicer 39 posts

Alot of people want a sequel

[ Edited ]
23 replies 287 views Edited Jun 25, 2013

Sorry to break it to those select few individuals but it would seem that ALOT of people want a sequel.

and just as many want Joel and Ellie to return!  (i am one of those)

i can easily see a scenario that requires them to come back together (not that ND would listen to anything someone not on their payroll thinks) :smileytongue:

If written correctly a sequel could potentially trump the currect last of us.

GO FOR SEQUEL!!!!! d('-'d)  Please avoid killing Either Ellie or Joel :smileytongue:

edited june 24:

I've already emailed ND with my idea :smileytongue: not that they'll listen (i imagine) :smileytongue:

but yes i'd like to see some DLC during the rest of winter, after Ellie's traumatizing event (maybe see Joel taking care of Ellie as we saw Ellie taking care of Joel)  then see some Spring sequence stuff before the freeway!  maybe a city approach segment.

"Some times i find myself wondering, is it all worth fighting for.... for a future without fear.... ya its worth it!" ~ Kris Redfield, Resident evil 5

"I don't need luck, i've got ammo!" ~Grunt, Mass Effect 3

"After everything we've been through.... After Everything i've done.... It can't all be for nothing." ~Ellie, The Last of Us

"...Hold onto your Morales and Die or do whatever it takes to survive..." ~ Ellie, The Last of Us TV spot
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (287 Views)
Sackboy
349 posts

Re: Alot of people want a sequel

Jun 24, 2013

I'm almost certain there will be a sequel.  I mean, there are people who bought a PS3 just to play TLoU.  Personally, I really want a sequel, and even though ND said Joel and Ellie's story is over, I'd be shocked a sequel didn't feature at least one of them, probably Ellie.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Jun 24, 2013
A sequel would be stupid....if you do something good the first time...don't ruin it....this always happens...almost every company does a really good game...then makes a sequel and it sucks.....(Uncharted, COD, Battlefield, Pokemon, Warhawk, Batman Arkham, Transformers WFC, Portal, Half-life, etc.) Just don't do it Naught Dog...it isn't worth it.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 24, 2013

I'd love a sequel and I am sure there will be one. TLOU has been a big success, and lesser games that sold far worse have had them! (and yeah, count me as someone who bought a PS3 *just* for this game!).

But you know what? I think I DON'T want it to star Joel and Ellie. I love the setting, and I'd love for them to appear perhaps, but given the shock of the ending that I NEVER saw coming (they both live!!!!) , I honestly don't want to jeopardize that by putting them in another game where they'll be at risk of dying again. Is that silly? I also like being able to imagine their lives from now on as anything I choose: whether that's happily ever after, a bunch of Fireflies show up to kidnap Ellie, or Jackson is overrun with Infected when they arrive. :smileyhappy:

More Joel and Ellie DLC? YES PLEASE! I'd pay happily for new "in between" episodes that fill the gap between - say - Summer and Fall or Winter and Spring. Or Joel and Tess DLC, smuggling for Robert in the Boston QZ? Absolutely! Or Henry and Sam, pre-Pittsburgh. Bill and Frank, founding their "town". Joel and his brother, five years after the outbreak but before he met Tess. Any of those, I'd love to play.

In fact, I think I'd prefer more DLC/episodes of TLOU1 in 2013/14 than a whole new TLOU2 five or so years from now.

But if/when we do get a sequel, I'd like it to be new characters and new areas, set in the same world. I can't see how they can do justice to the same "surrogate dad, surrogate daughter" theme again, so something new is needed (it's cliche these days in games, but I'd love a "boy and his dog" story for TLOU2, as a random example).

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Jun 24, 2013
I believe ND could pull it off.

End Joel and Ellie's story, cause that fits okay.

But I think Ellie could feature as the playable protagonist in a DLC or sequel. We could see how her life has changed and how the world has changed.

And ND could come up with some sort of good storyline for it.
4. Mass Effect 2
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Do it and make it even better. I hate that people think this is the best Naughty Dog can do. I have faith they can do better. I mean, look at Uncharted 2, probably one of the best games ever made, in my opinion. Imagine if we never got sequels to Uncharted. I say do it. The sequel could be amazing and if you dont like it, just dont play it.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
421 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

SupremeNinja21 wrote:
A sequel would be stupid....if you do something good the first time...don't ruin it....this always happens...almost every company does a really good game...then makes a sequel and it sucks.....(Uncharted, COD, Battlefield, Pokemon, Warhawk, Batman Arkham, Transformers WFC, Portal, Half-life, etc.) Just don't do it Naught Dog...it isn't worth it.

What?

Seriously, what!?

I haven't played the games in your list other than the Batman games and Uncharteds and I think it's the majoritys opinion Uncharted 2 were a huge leap from Uncharted 1 in a good way. Now to the Batman games... how does exactly Arkham City suck, lol? It was a great sequel and a huge improvement gameplay wise. Honestly if ND left Uncharted series to the first part, it wouldn't be known at all, I mean that game was never really anything special. Uncharted 2 is what made Uncharted what it is today.

So, yeah, I'd definitely like to see a TLoU sequel. I can only imagine the possibilities on PS4.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (237 Views)
Wastelander
666 posts

Jun 24, 2013

bricks187 wrote:

SupremeNinja21 wrote:

What?

Seriously, what!?

I haven't played the games in your list other than the Batman games and Uncharteds and I think it's the majoritys opinion Uncharted 2 were a huge leap from Uncharted 1 in a good way. Now to the Batman games... how does exactly Arkham City suck, lol? It was a great sequel and a huge improvement gameplay wise.

Also Half Life 2 is hailed as one of the best games, people love the pokemon sequels. Modern Warfare 2 or CoD4 are hailed as the best COD games. Portal 2 was well recieved as well. Very contrarion view. Statistically you are just very wrong.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Banjo_aus wrote:

More Joel and Ellie DLC? YES PLEASE! I'd pay happily for new "in between" episodes that fill the gap between - say - Summer and Fall or Winter and Spring.

I agree, ND definitely needs to fill the gap between summer and fall.  They went from Pennsylvania to Wyoming, which is like practically the whole entire country, and we got no explanation as to how they got there or what they did on the way there.  I'm pretty sure the DLC will be the content they cut in this gap, because that was way too much area of their journey to skip over.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
548 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

Um what are you talking about SupremeNinja?

Uncharted 2 and 3, especially 2 did way better than the first. Batman Arkham City did WAY better than the first, it was the best reveiwed game of 2011, and Portal 2 was right behind it. Half Life 2 did really well too, it's also considered by many to be one of the best games of all time. The sequel isn't hard, they can make it better, the third one is the hard one.

Honestly, if ND released a sequel to this game and it was the same exact game, same gameplay, nothing new, just a new story, I'd be happy.

Of course I'd hope they improve it. Which is why it would be best to release a sequel sometime later when the PS4 is out.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (214 Views)
0 Likes