Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
421 posts

Re: Alot of people want a sequel

Jun 24, 2013

JOSH55886 wrote:

Um what are you talking about SupremeNinja?

Uncharted 2 and 3, especially 2 did way better than the first. Batman Arkham City did WAY better than the first, it was the best reveiwed game of 2011, and Portal 2 was right behind it. Half Life 2 did really well too, it's also considered by many to be one of the best games of all time. The sequel isn't hard, they can make it better, the third one is the hard one.

Honestly, if ND released a sequel to this game and it was the same exact game, same gameplay, nothing new, just a new story, I'd be happy.

Of course I'd hope they improve it. Which is why it would be best to release a sequel sometime later when the PS4 is out.

Considering the PS4 should be out later this year, we'll be seeing the sequel on it. If there's gonna be one, that is.

Message 11 of 24 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

Well yeah, but it would take a few years to make. If they...

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

Well yeah, but it would take a few years to make. If they started working on it right now, I wouldn't expect it to be out till 2015, maybe even 2016. Sony has confirmed all Studio's are working on PS4 titles, so the other half on the ND team is definitely making something, I'm sure they will make a new IP for the PS4, but I'm willing to bet Uncharted 4 is what they're working on, it may even be a launch title. Sony said they have a lot more games to show at Gamescom, they will probably show some at TGS too.

Message 12 of 24 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
421 posts

Re: Well yeah, but it would take a few years to make. If they...

Jun 24, 2013

JOSH55886 wrote:

Well yeah, but it would take a few years to make. If they started working on it right now, I wouldn't expect it to be out till 2015, maybe even 2016. Sony has confirmed all Studio's are working on PS4 titles, so the other half on the ND team is definitely making something, I'm sure they will make a new IP for the PS4, but I'm willing to bet Uncharted 4 is what they're working on, it may even be a launch title. Sony said they have a lot more games to show at Gamescom, they will probably show some at TGS too.

Yeap. You never know about these game devs, for all we know they could have been working on a sequel before TLoU was even released. Uncharted 4 as a launch title would be fantastic, though.

Message 13 of 24 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Jun 24, 2013
Yeah, because ND doesn't milk games, so they'll be working on it for some time.

And I think we'll more of a spiritual successor, as in something set in the same universe but with new locations and characters and tone.

I don't think we'll be seeing any more of Joel or Ellie....

But God help me if they ditch Ellie.

I won't buy another TLOU game unless it has Ellie in it. I'm not trying to be negative, but she was the biggest selling point for me.
4. Mass Effect 2
Message 14 of 24 (103 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 24, 2013

harrisj16 wrote:

Banjo_aus wrote:

More Joel and Ellie DLC? YES PLEASE! I'd pay happily for new "in between" episodes that fill the gap between - say - Summer and Fall or Winter and Spring.

I agree, ND definitely needs to fill the gap between summer and fall.  They went from Pennsylvania to Wyoming, which is like practically the whole entire country, and we got no explanation as to how they got there or what they did on the way there.  I'm pretty sure the DLC will be the content they cut in this gap, because that was way too much area of their journey to skip over.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't cut content from that part of the game, and VERY disappointed if we didn't get DLC to cover it whether there was or not. Of the "gaps" in the game, it's the one that really bothers me. It's just so jarring and confusing, especially with no cutscene to even explain what happened. The "jump" from Winter to Spring felt like a dramatic choice; the jump from Summer to Fall felt like "we ran out of time"!

One of the best things about the earlier parts of TLOU I felt was the way sections flow together, creating a real sense of one long "road trip" rather than "chapter one, chapter two" etc. This style and tone isn't broken until Fall.

Give us "The Last of Us: Falling Leaves" DLC please, Naughty Dog! Start with a depressing burial and ake us to the dam!

Message 15 of 24 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Yep. I may buy a PS4 at launch. I really want Infamous: Second Son and Destiny but they don't come out till 2014. Killzone Shadow Fall looks good, especially since the levels are really open and you can finish objectives in whatever order you want.

Knack looks cool too,

Message 16 of 24 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jun 24, 2013

If they make a sequel, please don't just make another survival story with different characters. TLOU for me is Joel and Ellie, if their story isn't continued somehow then I don't know if I would care.

Message 17 of 24 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
421 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 24, 2013

TJByrum wrote:
Yeah, because ND doesn't milk games, so they'll be working on it for some time.

And I think we'll more of a spiritual successor, as in something set in the same universe but with new locations and characters and tone.

I don't think we'll be seeing any more of Joel or Ellie....

But God help me if they ditch Ellie.

I won't buy another TLOU game unless it has Ellie in it. I'm not trying to be negative, but she was the biggest selling point for me.

I'd still probably buy it but it would definitely be a huge disappointment, never thought there'd be such an awesome character in a video game like Ellie is. For me the list of awesome characters like her is really short; 47, Lynch, Joker (Arkham) & Victor Sullivan. ... EDIT: How could I forget about Zoran Lazarevic  O_O !!!

Joel is an awesome character as well but I wouldn't call him as great and unique as Ellie is. If they're making a sequel I don't think they're ditching those characters. Would make no sense, really, unless the game takes place like 50 years after... which in fact would make no sense either.

Message 18 of 24 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jun 24, 2013

I think a new character with a religious view would be interesting. *SPOILERS* As we know, in the cutscene with Sam and Ellie. Sam asks if Ellie believes we go to heaven once we die. Both Ellie and Sam admit they don't believe we go to heaven. (Joel never even speaks about it, although it's unlikely he believes as he lost his own daughter.)

So, I think maybe a character with a strong belief would be cool. Maybe he/she(can we please have a main female protagonist?) meets characters that don't believe and this causes awkward conflicts between them. Or maybe the protagonist starts out not believing but we gradually see him/her gain faith by different situations that make them wonder if someone really is up there. I don't know... Not anyone that's like a "hero" or something. There's too many characters like that in video gaming.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 19 of 24 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 24, 2013
As I wrote in another thread. I definetly want a sequel, and I believe they're going to make one. I want a sequel with Ellie, 5-10 years after the first game, I don't know how Naughty Dog should make a sequel that doesn't repeat itself (like Hangover or Taken) but I'm sure the great minds at ND would be able to do this. The reason why I want a sequel with Ellie (and Joel) is simple, first of all their story isn't done, they can easily build on it, second of all I am not ready to leave Ellie and Joel I feel connected to them, and 3rd maybe this isn't true, but I doubt ND is able to make a new standalone game or a sequel/prequel without Ellie, where I become this emotionaly engaged as I was with the last of us, I think that if ND makes a new standalone game it will be like Uncharted 1 (not that I don't like Uncharted, I love it, but I didn't get emotionaly engaged so it's not 'special' it's just another very good shooting/adventure game but that's it). And to all of you who says that a new TLOU game featuring Ellie is going to ruin the ending of the first, then why do you even want to buy the game? Just don't buy it and then you can live in your own world where you can think what ever you want about the ending, but please don't say they shouldn't make a sequel, because it's completly your decision if you want to play the new one. So to rap it up, I want a sequel, and I believe they're goint to make one, I want it to feature Ellie, but I think it's going to have all new characters. I'd say 95% chance of a sequel, 20% chance of a sequel with Ellie. But please god, jesus, and Naughty Dog, give us ELLIE!!!
Message 20 of 24 (68 Views)
0 Likes