Jun 03 2013
By: Ginsunuva Splicer 69 posts

Alter Listen Mode

[ Edited ]
22 replies 317 views Edited Jun 3, 2013

I think the Listen Mode, as most people agree, is a bit too much. Though I think it shouldn't be removed or turned off either.

Instead I've thought of ways to change it:

1.  Only people who make actual noise should show up, like clickers on patrol, or others walking or talking/growling. People who are noiseless shouldn't magically show up, unless Joel has Xray vision. 

2.  Also it shouldnt give exact location, but just a DIRECTON and INTENSITY from which the sound is coming from (like a blurry region, whose size corresponds to the loudness of the noise made.)

3.  Listen mode could only be used when Joel stands completely still, and background sounds such as running water should dampen his hearing. 

This should espacially be used in multiplayer, so players who are doing a good job trying to be noiseless can't just be seen through walls. And so that players can't pinpoint the location and body stance of others, but rather get a general region.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 23 (317 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13043 posts

Re: Alter Listen Mode

Jun 3, 2013

You could just use the booster that allows you to not ne seen/heard.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 23 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Jun 3, 2013

There's a booster like that? 

Will ND stop with this magical perk bs?

Listen Mode should be fixed, that way no one needs to make excuses for crazy boosters.

This is gonna be like Situational Awareness again.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 23 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 3, 2013

You can only use it for a second or two online before it has to recharge. I think we'll be okay.

sig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 23 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

We can't really judge how it's going to work in multiplayer yet, at least give it a try first.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 23 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I will be turning Listen Mode off for single player, and hopefully they make a Hardcore mode for Multiplayer or have it as a rare bonus.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 23 (269 Views)
Splicer
69 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Still, wouldn't you prefer a more challenging way, that you can use unlimited, rather than an unrealistic cheap one, even if it is brief.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 23 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 3, 2013

In the Pittsburg Demo, I was disapointer in seeing Listen Mode revealing enemies who were walking slowly :smileysad: I gues it is indeed the x-ray, after all. Still... I'll give it a chance in my first playthrough.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 23 (256 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Jun 3, 2013
@OP that would be nice, i wonder if ND intends to release a patch with updates - like reaction for flashlight and ability to take out bricks from the backpack instead of pants (?)
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 23 (246 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1610 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Again, too much realism takes away from the game, and takes away from the enjoyment all together. I'm sure there will be a "No listen mode" gametype. Either deal with it, or play that.
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 23 (243 Views)
0 Likes