Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 23 2014
By: deathdealurz First Son 4 posts

Am I The Only One?

28 replies 745 views Edited Feb 23, 2014

So does anyone else have this issue: I am so emotionally attached to the game that it is almost disturbing.  I really don't play video games as often as i used to a few years ago.  But every time I play through this game, I get this weird feeling after that I can't describe.  Like I either wish the characters were real so I could meet them, or that the game was longer.  Or maybe slight depression?  Haha, I know it sounds ridiculous, but it was bothering me so much I joined a forum for the first time in my entire life!! I can't tell if it is a good feeling or a bad feeling. Maybe I am just the only one, but if I am not, I would like to hear your opinions! 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (745 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Re: Am I The Only One?

Feb 23, 2014

Yh I feel this way to, And the way things are going there won't be a sequel or with ellie and joel . 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (742 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Feb 23, 2014

I get the same feeling. The game is so emotionly draining it gets you depressed. The only cure for it would be a sequel that leaves you happy.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (741 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Feb 23, 2014

And I would like to point out that I have beat the game about 4 or 5 times hoping to get sick of it and stop the feeling, but after all that I still have it.  It is a mystery to me

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (734 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Feb 23, 2014

I feel the exact same way and I have played it about 10 times, the feeling is always the same, You are so emotionally attached to these two characters that you just cant seem to let them go. And as said it doesn't seem promising for the majority of people that wants a sequel with Joel and Ellie. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (728 Views)
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Feb 23, 2014

Watch the The Walking Dead. You'll get a new show every single week with characters that are easy to get attached to and emotionally draining at times. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (727 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 23, 2014

Well at least I am not the only one.  I really hope they make a sequel. But I'd be afraid to play it for the fact that one of them could get killed off or something.  

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (718 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 23, 2014

I actually started watching the walking dead recently.  I already love it! 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (717 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Feb 23, 2014

TLOU has very good characters with a lot of depth and realism, so much that is  actually feels as if Joel and Ellie is life-like.  In this sense, the player can relate or get attached to them a lot more than other video game (or even movie) characters.

You really have to give credit to Ashley and Troy for being great actors (they voiced and mo-capped Ellie and Joel), as well as the writers of the game for writing out this experience in such a way that it bypasses any achievements anyone has ever made.

4. Mass Effect 2
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (710 Views)
Splicer
80 posts

Feb 23, 2014

I'm not so attached to the Walkind Dead characters.. they could all die and I still wouldnt care. The only part that actually got me sad in that entire show was when oldie got his head chopped off.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (703 Views)