Jun 14 2013
By: bauerbach1 First Son 3 posts

Am I just stupid or is the difficulty high?

20 replies 584 views Edited Jun 14, 2013

This may all be a waste, as I played through till I was almost to the capital, only to learn I got the autosave bug, and my last save was at the prologue back in the car crash where he kicked out the windshield...  You know, like 94 seconds into the game?....  All things considered, Im not sure I care to play it again.

I had played through 2 or 3 combat rooms with clickers and such.

first one was in the office building, and I just wiped on it for about 30minutes.  I have 1 shiv and 3 clickers, and that just doesnt work.  Finally dumbed it down to easy, something Ive never had to do on any game ever.  beat that room, only to get into what I think was a subway terminal, and get destroyed there for a while longer, even on easy.

I just dont know how to play it I guess.  I dont have enough shivs, and I cant strangle the clickers... anything else makes noise and them Im totally boned.

Is there a hidden button on the remote Im unaware of that somehow makes this all possible to advance through? 

been playing video games since atari when I was 5, I cant believe I cant basicly lol my way through this thing on easy....

Message 1 of 21 (584 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Re: Am I just stupid or is the difficulty high?

Jun 14, 2013
@Bauerbach
Kill them by using bricks or stealth them entirely if possible.
Message 2 of 21 (571 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 14, 2013
but bricks make noise. as do pipes, bats, sticks, guns, ect.

Only silent take down I have found is the shiv. which is apparently constructed from a low grade plastic spork... breaking in 1 use.
Message 3 of 21 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1839 posts

Jun 14, 2013

bauerbach1 wrote:
but bricks make noise. as do pipes, bats, sticks, guns, ect.

Only silent take down I have found is the shiv. which is apparently constructed from a low grade plastic spork... breaking in 1 use.

Try stunning them by throwing a brick or a bottle at them then finish them off with a melee weapon and hide. Save up your arrows from your bows since it's a stealthy weapon with a 1 hit kill if you shoot clickers through the head.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 4 of 21 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Jun 14, 2013

bauerbach1 wrote:

This may all be a waste, as I played through till I was almost to the capital, only to learn I got the autosave bug, and my last save was at the prologue back in the car crash where he kicked out the windshield...  You know, like 94 seconds into the game?....  All things considered, Im not sure I care to play it again.

first one was in the office building, and I just wiped on it for about 30minutes.  I have 1 shiv and 3 clickers, and that just doesnt work.  Finally dumbed it down to easy, something Ive never had to do on any game ever.  beat that room, only to get into what I think was a subway terminal, and get destroyed there for a while longer, even on easy.

I just dont know how to play it I guess.  I dont have enough shivs, and I cant strangle the clickers... anything else makes noise and them Im totally boned.

Is there a hidden button on the remote Im unaware of that somehow makes this all possible to advance through? 

been playing video games since atari when I was 5, I cant believe I cant basicly lol my way through this thing on easy....

It's not that hard, I was playing on normal and I got the bug too, so now I'm all the way back to chapter 1, but that's okay because I want to play on hard to get ellie skins. Hopefully hard isn't that...erm hard? 

Message 5 of 21 (536 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1839 posts

Jun 14, 2013

pandasftuw wrote:

bauerbach1 wrote:

It's not that hard, I was playing on normal and I got the bug too, so now I'm all the way back to chapter 1, but that's okay because I want to play on hard to get ellie skins. Hopefully hard isn't that...erm hard? 

I've died a couple of times already while playing on hard. It's not frustrating at all though. I haven't played a true challenging game where you actually have to think for years. With such scarce ammo clearing an area is almost like a puzzle. :smileytongue:

Message 6 of 21 (528 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 14, 2013
I have tons of ammo, because I don't use the gun... too noisy. whenever I try to use it, I get overrun.
Message 7 of 21 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1839 posts

Jun 14, 2013

bauerbach1 wrote:
I have tons of ammo, because I don't use the gun... too noisy. whenever I try to use it, I get overrun.

Use it:smileytongue: Try to get a headshot and run away and hide.

Message 8 of 21 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
770 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Just to answer your question though.. this game is a tad bit more difficult than other games that I have played on "normal". The clickers give you no chance of escape - you need a shiv or a melee weapon or a molotov or tons of patience with headshots. Its not easy.

However, it gets easy once you get yourself that Shotty :smileywink: Just keep playing.

-RyukDG

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Message 9 of 21 (465 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1212 posts

Jun 14, 2013

When up against Humans, game isn't bad on HARD......its more a matter of patience than anything - which is cool

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 10 of 21 (450 Views)
0 Likes