Jun 18 2013
By: squirrelchaos First Son 1 posts

An Idea for Multiplayer

2 replies 99 views Edited Jun 18, 2013

Due to the unique feel of multiplayer in this game, because of the scavanging, open maps, and low supplies on start, I feel like their some huge potential either for multiplayer dlc or the next iteration in The Last of Us series if Naught dog decides to continue the series. 

My idea is this not a horde mode and not a vs mode but something in between invovling survivors(actual npcs), Scavanging for supplies, Outfitting a small main base with defenses, having to deal with infected, All while having a multiplayer faction match. Now of course you can just throw all of this into a ring and hope it works so In my head it works like this.

It starts like any regular match except you have survivors when you spawn. Now these survivors need obvious things like food, water, protection, shelter, and the ability to defend themselves. So before the infected come, and ill talk about how they show up in a second, players will spend their time finding supplies either stealing them from the other faction or finding them around the map and they will bring these supplies back to the survivors who then use them to increase defenses on a base and protect themselves from anyone who might be a threat. Now as this phase of the match goes on spores will start to spawn around the map causing players to use their gas masks in these areas(and suffocate if their gas mask gets breached by gun fire or a melee hit)and as more spores show up players realize that the horde is coming starting to retreat back towards their home base. 

Now during the infected phase a ton of enemies will start to spawn and anyone caught out in the open by themselves will most likely be overwhelmed. The fighting can still continue but at a higher risk due to the infected having a high chance to kill survivors. It would be nice ot have a timer to show when the infected will go away although having no timer will create tension and fear as players start becoming low on ammo and don't know if their is an end in sight. A good way to show that the infection is close to being over is if the spores that slowly spawned before start to retreat as you reach the end of the infected invasion.

Outfitting the base and survivors would be simple yet still feel needed and in depth enough to merit actual player involvement. Outfitting survivors and your base would invovle the following

Giving survivors weapons, food, water, ammo, supplies to keep them alive and have them outfit the base for the players

Reinforcing windows and doors with wood/other materials so infected may not travel threw without breaking it

Creating traps around the base

Bringing things in like ladders/planks of wood to give your team and your survivors more places to go.

Now winning the match would have to involve survivors mainly the team that loses all survivors first loses. This way matches could end quickly or be extremely long and require tactical thinking to win. It would also be cool if after a certian period of time players only have one life causing another level of tension and excitement if both teams last that long.

I believe that The Last of Us would be the best game for this type of game mode and Naught Dog have shown to be great developers highly capable of pulling this off in their own unique way. This game mode would feel at home to the last of us being a game about survival and i think players would love it especially those interested in the survival style games.

Now any player feedback would be gladly welcomed and pitching in your own ideas would only make this game mode better. I assume I'm not the only one who has something like this mulling around in their head so please critisize, expand and/or make this idea your own as i would love to see something similar to this game mode come out in a game like The Last of Us.

Message 1 of 3 (99 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Re: An Idea for Multiplayer

Jun 18, 2013
I also have a good idea for multiplayer. Fix host migration so I can play it.
Message 2 of 3 (84 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: An Idea for Multiplayer

Jun 18, 2013

add 5v5 please i have friends fighting for spots on the game

Message 3 of 3 (60 Views)
0 Likes