Splicer
40 posts

Re: Anyone Else Think The Teammate AI Sucks?

Jul 7, 2013

LOL... So I finished my Hard playthrough and man, was a grind at places. So I then try the Survivor mode thinking "No way am I going to survive this" because I have a joint disability which means the connective tissue in my joints are week and prone to spasms.

So I start playing the survivor mode... and then my jaw drops on the floor as I breeze through sections I had trouble with on the Hard playthough.

Did someone mix the difficulties up? Even though I have less supplies I think that so far I've had a far easier time on survivor.

Then again, I did get a new control pad that is in the 360 layout (I'm a 360 player and struggled with the DualShock). Only thing wrong with this controller is that it doesn't appear to have an accelerometer in it so when my light starts flickering I'm stuffed lol.

Message 31 of 35 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jul 7, 2013
I would say that Hard was harder than Survivor for me too, but Hard was my first playthrough. By the time it's time for Survivor you already know a lot of startegies for certain hard rooms and areas.
Message 32 of 35 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I think it may be because the friendly AI is behaving less than idiots although Ellie seems more clingy this time. The one time she get ahead of me on a one person wide corridor... and she turns around and faces me.... and I would push her and she would step back one step... repeat, repeat, repeat. Took ages just to get to the next bit lol. God, I wish I could have 2x4'd her at that point.

But the one bit where you go into this room in the subway where there are loads of clickers and a couple of runners.... well normally it was hard doing it stealthy... at Survivor the runner could hear you from about 20ft away even though she was facing the other way... instant endgame... Happened twiice when I spawned and lost it... Shot the Clicker expecting to die... Killed that one, Tess killed a couple more then I beat the crap out of the runners, expecting to die but just getting my mad out.

Cleared the lot of them... Talk about jaw hitting the floor.

Had to clear some others out further in but I ghosted past them, got the safe cleared and exited the section. Was deifintely a section I thought I would have had more difficulty with. The friendly AI definitely helped a LOT. Feels way more intense and immersive now. Should have ignored Had mode and gone straight to Survivor after Normal.

Was one thing that annoyed me though. Sometimes the enemy AI cheats.I had an enemy clicker on the far side of a police car and I was about to shoot them when... the endlife cutcscene shows with him on MY side of the car. It was like the clicker teleported across the car. Was the same one too (I was wondering if it was a different one but nope) same clothes, the lot. It was the bit after you exit the Gym. Joel, Ellie and Bill facing runners and clickers.

Respawned the second time AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN. Happened three more imes before I decided to climb on the bus and cap them as  they climbed up. I think the game was glitching galore because it should have taken them about 4 seconds to get around the car., or even climb over. It was teleporting about 12ft every time.

Oh yeah, and then just as I had killed them all Elle gets caught and she swings around so her back is sticking out so I don't have a chance of getting to the clicker in time... Oh well... did it next time.

Message 33 of 35 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 7, 2013
My biggest trouble with AI is that they all suck at combat except Bill. I have trusted Tess and Henry with a fist fight with an infected only to get jumped on by that same infected seconds later. But I still can't agree with you entirely because I completed the game on survivor and running into me was not a problem. Although she could've given me a few more warnings.
Message 34 of 35 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
40 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Ellie has helped a lot more on my Survivor playthrough... Several times she has given me ammo and meds.

Message 35 of 35 (66 Views)
0 Likes