Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

Re: Anyone else having a hard time sleeping?

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

burriizy wrote:
Revelations was good??
What would you rate it??

I'd say about a 8/10

Beware though. I like horror games, I don't like the well liked RE4... It lacks horror for me.

Revelations scared the crap out of me, it was awesome.

It would have been a 10 for me if it had a good online mode. Sadly it has a rather poor shoehorned multiplayer co-op called Raid Mode, you basically run through what you did in SP with a co-op partner, utterly pointless.

Now reading some of my other posts you'd be thinking, but it has a bad MP and a story which you probably finished. True..

But the SP offers you reasons to replay. You have 3 modes, easy, normal (Both the same I think) and Infernal (Changes everything about the game, I finished it on normal. I'm one of those sucky gamers on Infernal mode. I die a lot. It's going to take a while because it has the feel of Resident Evil 6 and the ammo and scares of Resident Evil 1 and 2.

There were moments when I had like.. Just a knife to defend myself.. So my options were to fight... or run away... That so reminded me of the original.. whenever i elected to go for the knife I died. running away.. I died a lot.. Eventually I got through it with the knife though, running away wasn't an option. I missed some ammo, I'm aware of that. lol

Meaning.. It's a survival horror game and not an action game, FINALLY...! It has about 3 action set pieces in the entire game. They actually work quite well within the story too, and it's not endless battles against tentacle bosses. Capcom finally manned up and brought back old school infected, added new infected and they all offer different levels of intensity and fear.

If you are immensely awesome at survival games, it may be a waste of money based on the fact that the MP component isn't great. But if you are not awesome, and can accept something challenging then it's probably perfect.

If i was that awesome I'd probably say it's worth a 7 because no one really wants a game they finish in a few days and don't get their money's worth from it.

Still regardless of what I'd give it, it's the best Resident Evil game since the earlier Gamecube RE games. totally worth it if you were a fan of the older games.

Message 11 of 37 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

May 29, 2013

Yes, I keep having these **bleep**ed up post-apocalyptic end of world dreams.

First time it was a The Road scenario.

Next time I dreamt that I was infected, contemplating suicide to die as a human or living the rest of my life as something inhuman... in an ice cream-Chinese takeout hybrid shop out of all places.

Then it was a dream about looting a supermarket while hostiles roamed the aisles and evacuating a town to the safety of the coast. This dream ended in a pizza place, me waiting for my order to arrive.

The most recent dream involved us all being assimilated into vampire-esque infected. Like I Am Legend. But this one ended up pretty cool. I escaped before I could be fully turned and I teamed up with Batman who was also a vampire and we kicked major **bleep** **bleep**.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 12 of 37 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

May 29, 2013

^I actually ordered Revelations primarily based on your previous review of it. lol.

I'm excited, because it's about time RE went back to survival horror roots over action. Even if it's just a tiny bit.

Message 13 of 37 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

May 29, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

^I actually ordered Revelations primarily based on your previous review of it. lol.

I'm excited, because it's about time RE went back to survival horror roots over action. Even if it's just a tiny bit.

I'd be shocked if you were disappointed. I bought it just for something to pass the time.. Expecting it to be garbage...

When I started the demo I was like.. Smiley Surprised

Oh yeah. Maybe it's best to try the demo. it's on the store Smiley Tongue

A lot of the game is based in that venue. I love that venue!

Message 14 of 37 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

May 29, 2013
Omggg!! Yes finally a return to the scarce ammo & epic scary moments!! I was afraid to buy it because 4, 5 & 6 were too action orenitated. But if it's anything close to the REmake on GameCube I'm buying right now lol
Message 15 of 37 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

May 29, 2013

burriizy wrote:
Omggg!! Yes finally a return to the scarce ammo & epic scary moments!! I was afraid to buy it because 4, 5 & 6 were too action orenitated. But if it's anything close to the REmake on GameCube I'm buying right now lol

Try the demo Smiley Tongue

You may not like the new camera, which is actually RE6's camera just slightly modified.

Message 16 of 37 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

May 29, 2013

I sleep well, but I can't help but get hyped for TLOU while I'm awake. School ends for me in two days, so when TLOU comes out, I have no exams or homework to worry about Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 37 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

May 29, 2013
After seeing that picture of that HUGE infected guy....I'm very hyped again

Time to buy a new game to help me wait lol
Message 18 of 37 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

May 29, 2013

not really having a hard time but come thursday night ill be like shaking out of excitement probly.

Message 19 of 37 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 29, 2013
I didn't have any trouble sleeping before, and especially not now. ND isn't getting my money for this game until the real FULL game comes out in a few months.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 20 of 37 (90 Views)
0 Likes