Monster Hunter
38 posts

Re: Anyone else love the A.I.?

Jun 29, 2013

They always gave me ammo. On part of my Survivor play threw I manage to get them to shoot a lot of the infected to conserve my own ammo supply.

Message 11 of 15 (144 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

Jun 29, 2013
I always go with Ellie close to me and I love when someone strangles me as I don't even mash square mostly because I know Ellie will stab him since she's with me Smiley Very Happy

Best AI ever created <3
Message 12 of 15 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jun 29, 2013

I agree, it was quite a splendid A.I in my opinion. Maybe not perfect, but there's probably no game at all with absolutely perfect A.I to be honest.

I saw some reviewers nag about it, and I was just like "Tell me one game which has perfect A.I.". It just seems that the more perfect a game is, the more highlighted the minor problems are.

Also slight Off-Topic - I saw complaints about glitches in game in some reviews, and that was why not to give 10/10. Then I saw GTA IV reviews and despite all the glitches there it receives 10/10 in those sites. Way to go... well, maybe it breaks the immersion somewhat, but anyway.

Whatever you guys may say, I liked how enemies don't see your followers if you are hidden. It could drive people crazy if getting caught by an A.I. follower. It would be severely annoying if for example Ellie runs to you (like now), and you die, just because of an A.I. error or such.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 13 of 15 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

I agree with all of you! Best A.I ever! I don't know why people don't talk about it! Just because enemies couldn't see your allies!? Come on, thank god for that! In other games allies just stay in the corner that's why enemies don't see them anyway. The same with this game. Is there any game where enemies could spot allies?

Btw played it on survivor and had great results! I think it's the way it's meant to be played! Friendly A.I gave me supplies, and enemies had fking brains! I swear! And i really believe that if the mechanics and A.I were not this good, the game wouldn't feel the same...this game is about reality, literal and the A.I proves it. Not only it feels "human", down to earth, and real in the cutscenes, but also in the gameplay. Which is what makes it what it is (close to reality) but people don't realise that. This is the only thing uncharted failed at.

My website: http://rlclick.weebly.com/
The Last of Us photo tumblr_mo3m8cncvK1qhjcgto1_250.gifEllie-Ranch photo tumblr_mp0o9g0nIR1qkm8keo5_250.gif
Message 14 of 15 (96 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 29, 2013

The AI is fantastic! Enemies running away and trying to flank you or just camping (invisible to Listen Mode) are a great feature in this game. And without Listen Mode, the flanking gets even more serious. I love the imperfections in my stealth that occur from not seeing enemies... or when I get outflanked in a firefight. It's much better than the usual pop and shoot from most shooters in the market,

Message 15 of 15 (86 Views)
0 Likes