Jun 29 2013
By: HoodlumX Uncharted Territory 1363 posts

Anyone else love the A.I.?

[ Edited ]
14 replies 383 views Edited Jun 29, 2013

Anyone else love the A.I. in this game? You will really notice how great it is when you play the game on survivor difficulty. I love how the friendly A.I. will give you ammo or health. I like how they will help you out in combat, or call out the enemy's location. I love how the Hunter's will try to outsmart you, and find ways to corner you in, or sneak up behind you. I feel like I'm playing real players. It makes every moment intense. Naughty Dog did such an amazing job with the A.I. in this game. 

We all know about the issue where the enemy A.I. doesn't recognize your companions, but Naughty Dog made it that way for a reason. If your companions could get noticed, you would never be able to play the game with stealth. Kudos to the whole Naughty Dog team on this well-crafted masterpiece.

What do you guys think? Do you love the A.I. in this game? Have you had any epic moments with the A.I.?

Message 1 of 15 (383 Views)
Sackboy
421 posts

Re: Anyone else love the A.I.?

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

One of the best A.I. I've seen in a game, despite the fact the A.I were dumbed down. People got so mad over seeing the A.I. isn't as smart as it were in the E3 video they fail to realize the A.I. is still great and definitely one of the best of video games out there.

Haven't even played on survivor yet but the A.I was already pretty awesome on normal. I liked how Ellie called out enemy positions and threw bricks at them to help me out.

Message 2 of 15 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Jun 29, 2013
I do! And I hate when people **bleep** about it all the time. Like, show me a game with better AI. You can't.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 3 of 15 (345 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jun 29, 2013

The A.I. from the E3 demo exists though to some level. I've had people beg for their life, and I've had people say, "I know that sound.", when my gun clicks from having no ammo. I love the details.

Message 4 of 15 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 29, 2013
My AI companions never impressed me because (and I hope I don't sound like a jerk) they never gave me any items. I assume it was because I always had at least one of every item except nail bombs.

The enemy AI was okay, I liked how they reacted to you having no bullets but besides that there were never any impressive scenarios that happened to me that seems to be happening to everyone else. Even after four playthroughs including Survivor and Survivor+ the enemy AI was kinda standard. Maybe above standard, actually probably the best, but nothing happened in such a sequence that made me go "Wow."
Message 5 of 15 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20182 posts

Jun 29, 2013
The A.I., to me, was perfectly fine. A lot of the E3 demo action did carry over to the full game, so I'm not seeing why people keep complaining about it being worse. You can play this game in a way that makes all of that amazing CQC go to waste and you'll never see it, but if you let it happen, it's all there.

The A.I. was great and very fun to play with. The amount of ways you can get through an area (and the fact that it can always be different) is very well designed.
Message 6 of 15 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5078 posts

Jun 29, 2013
Absolutely. A couple of glitches, but overall, some of the best ai I've run across. Love the reactions, the way they flank you, what they save in specific situations. Was just excellent and really helped with the immersion.

Message 7 of 15 (326 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

yeah except when they dodge my punch and f*ckin beat me down

n the AI get smarter and quicker the harder the difficulty is

http://img.ledanji.com/other/gossip/201303/17/gossip_20130317095009340160.jpg
Message 8 of 15 (325 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

I love it. It was the main selling point, at least for me and it's unarguably the best AI in video games. But I hate how people completely diminish the AI just because the companion AI can't be detected by the enemy AI, and not realizing that how annoying it would be if they did get detected.

Message 9 of 15 (324 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 29, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
I do! And I hate when people **bleep** about it all the time. Like, show me a game with better AI. You can't.

I know right? There is absolutely no game that is even remotely close to The Last Of Us in terms of AI. Even the all mighty Fear has a dumb AI compared to The Last Of Us.

Message 10 of 15 (317 Views)