Jul 30 2013
By: Rexorsist Splicer 76 posts

Anything better than The Last of Us?

61 replies 1284 views Edited Jul 30, 2013

Now that we're all [hopefully] done The Last of Us, can you say it's the best game you've ever played? If not, what game do you think is better?

Also, can you think of any games similar to TLoU gameplay wise? I know a few games that are similar story wise, but in terms of gameplay (Third person, Inventory backpack, slow paced), nothing comes to mind except for Resident Evil 5 (which I strongly disliked). 

Sorry if this has been posted before.

Message 1 of 62 (1,284 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11595 posts

Re: Anything better than The Last of Us?

Jul 30, 2013
Triggerman for PS2

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 62 (1,281 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Ni No Kuni, Uncharted 2, etc.

Message 3 of 62 (1,263 Views)
Fender Bender
2633 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

A game that has gone by many different names and playstyles throughout its millenia of existence from the earliest gaming console the rock to the advancements of a good PC rig... you may know it as

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss

The Bad Touch

Never Call Me Again After This

There Goes My Innocence

Contact

The Wind through the Keyhole

Menage a Trois

Chocolate Milk Mac n Cheese

Harder Better Faster Stronger

Around the World

Face to Face

You Never Know Until You Try It

etc.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 4 of 62 (1,255 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12492 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

The Last of Us is NOT the best video game that I have ever played. In fact, there are plenty of other video games that I enjoy more than it for one reason or another. Some of those video games include Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Silent Hill 2, and Red Dead Redemption.  

With that being said, there are many other third-person shooter video games out there. If you are looking for something that feels like The Last of Us in terms of gameplay then you should take a look at video games that encourage stealth or survival in some manner.

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection and the Hitman HD Trilogy were released not too long ago. Maybe start there?

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 5 of 62 (1,248 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jul 30, 2013

The Last of Us is the best game I have every played, so nope.

Message 6 of 62 (1,232 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Best singleplayer to me I've ever played, same with the multiplayer in the start, shame that lately I only run into people with mics trashing and insulting other players, it's pretty sad and sometimes teammates do the same, so that's a shame, but then again, that's the fault of the community, not the game, so all in all, yes I think this is one of the best games I've ever played in a long time

Message 7 of 62 (1,187 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jul 30, 2013

UzaruSchutzengel wrote:

Best singleplayer to me I've ever played, same with the multiplayer in the start, shame that lately I only run into people with mics trashing and insulting other players, it's pretty sad and sometimes teammates do the same, so that's a shame, but then again, that's the fault of the community, not the game, so all in all, yes I think this is one of the best games I've ever played in a long time

Yeah, the level of CoD style immaturaty runs rampant in random matches doesn't it? Bugs me, to the point where I find myself leaving matches because of the lack of sportsmanship. I mean, I get its a game, and I've t'bagged my fair share, but verbally bashing a team of level 0 - 10s because you smashed them and they suck? So good bro. So good. Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 62 (1,183 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

Jul 30, 2013
It IS in-fact a "call of duty generation" that usually ruins the fun, this is why I never ever do random matches without friends, it's kind of sad, but it's how it is :\.
Message 9 of 62 (1,172 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Jul 30, 2013
Is TLOU the best game I've ever played? No. One of the best? Yes. I have played too many amazing video games; to put a single game as "The Best" would be downright absurd.
Message 10 of 62 (1,162 Views)