Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Sep 20 2013
By: no1_narwhal_fan Lombax Warrior 229 posts
Offline

Apart from Joel and Ellie..............

8 replies 373 views Edited Sep 20, 2013

......Who are your favourite characters? Ther's pleanty of great lesser characters in this game. David must go down as one of the creepiest characters ever seen in a game and Nolan Norths underplayed performance would steal the show in any other game. Bill adds some comedy and has some great lines but is also a lot deeper then he first apprears. Marline is another divisive character whos actions towards the end seem to have caused great debate on these very forums. Tess is a badass with a heart and a real stong-minded, loyal, brave woman.

Ther's more I know but these are my favourites.

Message 1 of 9 (373 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Host
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
9026 posts
 

Re: Apart from Joel and Ellie..............

Sep 20, 2013

no1_narwhal_fan wrote:

......Who are your favourite characters? Ther's pleanty of great lesser characters in this game. David must go down as one of the creepiest characters ever seen in a game and Nolan Norths underplayed performance would steal the show in any other game. Bill adds some comedy and has some great lines but is also a lot deeper then he first apprears. Marline is another divisive character whos actions towards the end seem to have caused great debate on these very forums. Tess is a badass with a heart and a real stong-minded, loyal, brave woman.

Ther's more I know but these are my favourites.


Hunter #3

 

I feel his mannerisms and behavioral complexities really connect to me as the third party to a dilemma/problem. The way his guttural sounds of a dying complexion intertwines and is juxtaposed with the way I feel during time of crisis really overwhelms the player in emotional stimuli. Without a doubt, Hunter #3 gets the title.

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 2 of 9 (364 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/06/2012
Offline
2602 posts
 

Re: Apart from Joel and Ellie..............

Sep 21, 2013

Eric the Mechanic

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png


I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 3 of 9 (325 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/29/2013
Offline
339 posts
 

Re: Apart from Joel and Ellie..............

Sep 21, 2013

Thing is, all the characters in TLoU are memorable and well written.  Even small parts like Maria fit perfectly into the game and regardless if you like a character or not personally, as a character there is not one with a fault.  Even David, despite hating him for his cannibalism and pedophilia, is a great character.  It also helps that the voice actors did a top-notch job.  Definitely the best that I have experienced, including even the random enemies.

Message 4 of 9 (287 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/02/2013
Offline
229 posts
 

Re: Apart from Joel and Ellie..............

Sep 22, 2013

MaidenVelka wrote:

Thing is, all the characters in TLoU are memorable and well written.  Even small parts like Maria fit perfectly into the game and regardless if you like a character or not personally, as a character there is not one with a fault.  Even David, despite hating him for his cannibalism and pedophilia, is a great character.  It also helps that the voice actors did a top-notch job.  Definitely the best that I have experienced, including even the random enemies.


Agree, best writing and acting I've ever seen in a game.

Message 5 of 9 (230 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/16/2013
Offline
241 posts
 

Re: Apart from Joel and Ellie..............

Sep 23, 2013

no1_narwhal_fan wrote:

MaidenVelka wrote:

Thing is, all the characters in TLoU are memorable and well written.  Even small parts like Maria fit perfectly into the game and regardless if you like a character or not personally, as a character there is not one with a fault.  Even David, despite hating him for his cannibalism and pedophilia, is a great character.  It also helps that the voice actors did a top-notch job.  Definitely the best that I have experienced, including even the random enemies.


Agree, best writing and acting I've ever seen in a game.


Let's f**king hope - hope - other gaming brands cover that.

I really got bored by playing no-meaning-heros.

I just want more character-story-driven games and i don't mind to loose for that a bit gameplay.

I'M so bored from driving from A to B zu shoot a guy there then to drive to C to shoot there again a guy and then drive all the god **bleep** way back to A without any intelligent story.

"So don’t tell us we’d be happy with some other characters/games because the truth is, we’d just be more disappointed." - conquerator3

Status:
❒ single ❒ taken ✔ Joel

TLOU2:
Ellie: I've listen to your lie, and your story. And I can't take it anymore.
Message 6 of 9 (207 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/22/2009
Online
2049 posts
 

Re: Apart from Joel and Ellie..............

Sep 23, 2013
As said before...every character was excellent. I thought Bill was a riot.

Message 7 of 9 (199 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2856 posts
 

Re: Apart from Joel and Ellie..............

Sep 23, 2013

David to be honest, not because I like him, he's a creep, but I really liked the cutscenes with him and the boss battle, and Nolan North did an awesome job at the voice acting, I think it's the best (side)-character in the game, Tess and Bill are awesome too :smileyhappy:

Message 8 of 9 (175 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/12/2013
Offline
1641 posts
 

Re: Apart from Joel and Ellie..............

Sep 24, 2013
Tommy. He just seems like someone you'd want to have on your side when the **bleep** hits the fan.
_______________________________________________________________
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 9 of 9 (136 Views)
Reply
0 Likes