Jul 13 2013
By: TomatoDragon Treasure Hunter 5498 posts

Are you still discovering new things?

73 replies 1640 views Edited Jul 13, 2013
Have you noticed anything, in your multiple playthroughs, that you didn't notice before? I started my third playthrough last night, and right at the beginning when Sarah is walking past the glass door, she does a slight shriek. I never noticed why she did that before until yesterday. The dog barking outside gets mauled by an infected. Don't know how I missed that.

Message 1 of 74 (1,640 Views)
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Re: Are you still discovering new things?

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

There was this one moment in Pittsburgh in the E3 demo area where I took out bunch of guys in combat and then I re-entered stealth. And Ellie was in the open and one of the guys sees her and starts shooting at  her. I was really surprised, because I wasn't expecting that. I thought the AI couldn't detect the companion AI.

Edit: Oh and I forgot about the 'molotov' guys. It's not really new, but playing cat n mouse with those guys is so awesome.

Message 2 of 74 (1,635 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

Jul 13, 2013

Yeah I do, I missed the burning man running out of the burning store in the first chapter. I also missed 2 conversations in the lockdown area in the beginning, when You go visit the guy that stole Your weapons. And alot more btw but im to lazy to type atm.

Message 3 of 74 (1,634 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Jul 13, 2013

I'm still trying to figure out how the Clickers mechanics actually work.

I'm still exploring how the melee defense works.

I'm suspecting the molotov guys are particularly good punchers. I see them throwing 4 hits combos, while the other guys seem to throw only 2 hits.

Message 4 of 74 (1,627 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2013

Reason you discover new things at times are that they don't sometimes happen... for example that little gasp or shriek Sarah makes does not always happen even if you walk by the glass door. Tested.

On-Topic: Only discovering all "collectibles" including optional conversations/shiv doors. Though I am not really that interested to find them all. Part of the game magic is that you want to experience them yourself without any guide, as if it is supposed to happen during a part in the game, at least for me.Smiley Happy

Also discovering those un-triggered conversations, which are pure joy.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 5 of 74 (1,618 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Jul 13, 2013
All the time! I'm coming across optional conversations, artifacts, writing on the walls, etc.
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 6 of 74 (1,614 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

In Sarah's room in the prologue, there's a book on her desk by the computer that's titled "Mathematics Help Guide". I guess she wasn't that good at math lol. She's also kinda messy, judging from the clothes on her floor, she knows how to play the guitar like her dad, and soccer wasn't just a hobby, but something she really loved. There's also another book on her desk that says "Speed Reading Techniques", so I guess she wants to be able to skim? Also, there's a stuffed giraffe next to her dresser and in front of her door, possible vague foreshadow? Oh, and she had a skateboard.Cat Very Happy

Edit: There's a portrait of a snowy landscape with a deer in Joel's room. Another vague foreshadow? Also, something that I noticed about the pictures in the house is that there's no pictures of Sarah and her mom, or just her mom. They're all either her with Joel, Tommy, or her friends. No mommy.

Edit (again): When you go into the alley as Joel and Tommy pushes the runner from you and shoots him in the head, it's the same exact execution animation that you can perform in the MP. When he executes the runner, you even hear him shout "he's dead" except its not in Tommy's voice. Rather, it sounds like a voice in the MP. Possible bug? Still awesome to see though.

Message 7 of 74 (1,547 Views)
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Yep! And it makes me happy I'm still discovering new things, it makes multiple playtroughs feels rewarding. Optional conversations, pendants, artifacts, training manuals etc.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 8 of 74 (1,535 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

If you fire your flamethrower while aimed at nothing, what you will hear is the sound of a runner that is burning/screaming. Maybe that is their way to "cheat" the sound effects lol. Noticed on 2nd playthrough on utah tunnel.

Pressing sprint while opening the door will make Joel kick some certain doors. If the door opens towards you, he will just open it in a really quick way. Learned during my 2nd playthrough in science lab chapter.

I think the horse name was "Callus" because it was the horse that has the foot problem that Tommy helped fix with one of his friends. But i will still check on it.

There really was an iron rod sticking out of there in the science lab. It didn't all of a sudden appear out of nothing just for that cutscene. Checked it on my 2nd playthrough before that joel getting impaled scene, and was surprised it was there all along.

I saw Ellie pick up that robot.

On the sewers chapter there are 2 dog houses. Once you get out of the sewers you will see 2 dogs playing. I like to think those are the 2 dogs that used to live down there.

Did Ish sailed all the way from Madagascar? lol Because the name of his boat was "Antananarivo" w/c I googled is the capital of that country.

I want to know is what was the reason why Ellie's mom died? and That letter to ellie is my fav artifact in the game.

And why do bill keeps magazine with dudes on it? Is that their cryptic way of saying bill is gay?

EDIT: Can someone check this.. I got all the collectibles, and I noticed that my main menu now has Ellies knife leaning against the window pane. I think that knife wasn't even there before I beat the game or collecting all the collectibles.

+============================================================+
Message 9 of 74 (1,517 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4403 posts

Jul 16, 2013

In my first 2 playthroughs I turned the generator on first, before grabbing the keycard (in the the Pittsburgh hotel basement.)

On my 3rd playthrough (Survivor+) I was trying to save time / ammo, so I wanted to get out of that area ASAP, without trying to fight anything. So I grabbed the keycard first and had the crap scared out of me by a Stalker. lol

I think I got to see just about everything in my first 2 playthroughs, because I really took my time and looked at everything / anything I could. But, I'm sure if I played the game a 4th time, there would still be little details I didn't notice before / random acts that didn't happen in previous playthroughs.

sinta0531 wrote:

And why do bill keeps magazine with dudes on it? Is that their cryptic way of saying bill is gay?

Frank was Bill's ex-lover -- or as Bill called him, his "partner."

ND wasn't really trying to be cryptic at all. Funny how some people didn't pick up on it right away. Smiley Tongue

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 10 of 74 (1,487 Views)
0 Likes