Treasure Hunter
4730 posts

Re: Are you still discovering new things?

Jul 16, 2013
Wh-what the? I was watching a walkthrough...and I totally missed the **bleep** dart board in the house that Sam and Ellie play with. How could I have missed that twice? Well, gonna play some darts on my 3rd playthrough.

Message 11 of 74 (749 Views)
Welcoming Committee
4400 posts

Jul 16, 2013

TomatoDragon wrote:
Wh-what the? I was watching a walkthrough...and I totally missed the **bleep** dart board in the house that Sam and Ellie play with. How could I have missed that twice? Well, gonna play some darts on my 3rd playthrough.

I experienced that my first and second playthrough.

I don't know how you could have missed it either? (and with following a walkthrough, too!)

Either you just ran out of the house afterwards (and they quickly followed you out) or you missed the house all together.

It's on the suburbs chapter, right after you exit the sewers.

There will be a house that has a workbench in the garage. Well, the house next to it (to the right) will have the dart board.

Go upstairs, loot, then when you come back down, Ellie and Sam will be playing darts in the living room / family room area of the house.

There are a lot of cool little interactions in that area.

I loved the Ice Cream Truck one.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 12 of 74 (741 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

Henry's hideout. Walk to the kitchen area and use the sniper scope on the "The Employee Rights" poster. You will find "www.thelastofus.com" and "1-800-555-TLOU"

There's one I've done just once where I walk close to the infected beheaded by Bill.. I noticed Joel actually ran his hand on the blood flowing out of the neck jugular. I try to re-enact that part but for some reason I couldn't.

One thing I'm curious about... What was that "favor" that Bill owed Joel? I've checked all the clues, including the smuggler's note in the subway, to no avail. Does anyone  have any idea about it?

Message 13 of 74 (728 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4730 posts

Jul 16, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

TomatoDragon wrote:

I experienced that my first and second playthrough.

I don't know how you could have missed it either? (and with following a walkthrough, too!)

Either you just ran out of the house afterwards (and they quickly followed you out) or you missed the house all together.

It's on the suburbs chapter, right after you exit the sewers.

There will be a house that has a workbench in the garage. Well, the house next to it (to the right) will have the dart board.

Go upstairs, loot, then when you come back down, Ellie and Sam will be playing darts in the living room / family room area of the house.

There are a lot of cool little interactions in that area.

I loved the Ice Cream Truck one.

Heh... I wasnt following a walk though. Just today I was watching a couple random TLoU movies and noticed the dart board.

Message 14 of 74 (718 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jul 16, 2013
I found the dart board on my second playthrough, as well as Ellie's famous jokes.

On my third playthrough, I saw Bill's gas syphon was actually in the artifacts list.

On my fourth playthrough, I finally found the conversation where Joel says the Fireflies will probably only take some blood from Ellie. I could never get it to trigger until then.

Might go for a fifth and ignore all optional conversation cues. When you ignore them, the characters react and do say stuff about it.
Message 15 of 74 (713 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Jul 16, 2013
When you play as Ellie in Winter, and flip the note from her mom it says something like "Ellie always find something to fight for"

In the ending *LIGHT SPOILERS* Joel says something like "no matter what, you have to keep finding something to fight for."
Message 16 of 74 (698 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Ellie's mom: "Find your purpose and fight for it"

Joel: "No matter what, you keep finding something to fight for"

Fix'd*

Also her mom says in the letter that "life is worth living", probably making the lie much more bearable to accept for Ellie, since she loves Joel and maybe realized they are supposed to be with eachother.

Message 17 of 74 (680 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4400 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

Cheese-Rawl wrote:

Fix'd*

Also her mom says in the letter that "life is worth living", probably making the lie much more bearable to accept for Ellie, since she loves Joel -- as a father figure -- and maybe realized they are supposed to be with eachother take care of each other.

Fixed. Smiley Wink

The way you had it just sounded... creepy... wrong... and pedo. Smiley Tongue Smiley LOL

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 18 of 74 (675 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jul 16, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Cheese-Rawl wrote:

Fix'd*

Also her mom says in the letter that "life is worth living", probably making the lie much more bearable to accept for Ellie, since she loves Joel -- as a father figure -- and maybe realized they are supposed to be with eachother take care of each other.

Fixed. Smiley Wink

The way you had it just sounded... creepy... wrong... and pedo. Smiley Tongue Smiley LOL

Didn't read it like that at all, lol.

There you are Elleeeh!!!

Message 19 of 74 (658 Views)
Sackboy
520 posts

Jul 16, 2013

When you upgrade the Axe, Joel actually adds scissor blades with binding, as if they were splinters to help keepig the Axe blade into place. Now I wonder if upgrading the machete also has a visual element like this.

Message 20 of 74 (628 Views)
0 Likes