Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
4097 posts

Re: Are you still discovering new things?

Jul 16, 2013

In my first playthrough, I had an epic showdown at the Pittsburgh hotel. (Killing all the hunters, looting, etc.)

While in the battle, there was a part where Ellie shouted "Behind you!" and a hunter seemed to come out of nowhere.

He grabbed me, then Ellie jumped on him and stabbed him to death.

In my 2nd playthrough, I tried to be a little more stealthy, but it didn't work, and it ended in a blood bath again. But, this situation didn't repeat, making it that much more unique and awesome.

Then in my 3rd playthrough, I was able to zoom through the hotel undetected, and right to the elevator doors that take you to the hotel basement. (I think I only stealth killed 3 hunters along the way)

This is a great example of how ND even said you could play the encounter areas in different ways, and didn't need to kill "All" the enemies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't try this in my first playthrough, but it my 2nd and 3rd ones, I tossed a Molotov at one of the two bloaters in the Underground Tunnel. Once he was burning / screaming -- the clickers / runners began running towards him (the noise from the bottle breaking, I guess?) and the 2nd bloater started firing his spore bombs at him (lol)

I then threw a 2nd Molotov to take out the pack of infected (and finish off the bloater), then threw my 3rd Molotov at the 2nd bloater.

I've always felt this last and final infected encounter was the most difficult one in the whole game.

I wiped all of them out in about 10 seconds.

I watched a video where a player was able to completely get through this area, via stealth, and only took out a couple of enemies with the bow.

I was impressed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've only executed about 3 enemies in the game, but 2 of them seemed to have said something different while looking down the barrel of my gun. I don't remember exactly what they said word-for-word, so I won't bother repeating it, but I'm wondering just how many different recordings ND did for them.

That would be an interesting thing to test / research.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 74 (607 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Can someone check this.. I got all the collectibles, and I noticed that my main menu now has Ellies knife leaning against the window pane. I think that knife wasn't even there before I beat the game or collecting all the collectibles.

+============================================================+
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 74 (576 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 16, 2013

sinta0531 wrote:

Can someone check this.. I got all the collectibles, and I noticed that my main menu now has Ellies knife leaning against the window pane. I think that knife wasn't even there before I beat the game or collecting all the collectibles.

Yeah I can confirm that. If you start a new game (not NG+, will stay if NG+) it will disappear however until you complete it again.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 74 (573 Views)
Fender Bender
3647 posts

Jul 16, 2013
What did Sarah win the trophie for? Football maybe?
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 74 (568 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

WinterEdit wrote:

sinta0531 wrote:

Yeah I can confirm that. If you start a new game (not NG+, will stay if NG+) it will disappear however until you complete it again.

thanks! That's kind of cool :smileyhappy:. I wonder if they intend to put a meaning behind it, or just an easter egg

+============================================================+
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 74 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jul 16, 2013

Splatteregg wrote:
What did Sarah win the trophie for? Football maybe?

Soccer. That should be obvious. There's that picture of Sarah and Joel and she's wearing a soccer uniform. There's also a soccer ball in her room, and I'm pretty sure one of the trophies shows a guy doing some kind of backwords flip kick that you see in soccer movies and stuff.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 74 (554 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2598 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

Some of the newspapers in Ish's sewer have headlines (not exact text):

-Mass grave in Virginia

-UK halts all immigration. (confirming that it wasn't just America that got hit by cordyceps)

-Military shooting on sight

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 74 (537 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jul 17, 2013

I didn't obtain the last Ellie's joke on my first two playthroughs, until I got on to my third, when I stumbled on the firefly symbol before the sniper gameplay. It actually triggered the Joel-Henry conversation about the Fireflies being there, and from that point, Ellie decided to crack open the book of pun.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 74 (511 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Jul 17, 2013
I discovered you can burn the doctor's that were trying to harm Ellie. I lit them up with my flamethrower.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 74 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 17, 2013

Somewhere in the game there's a newspaper, which says that Justin Bieber is to act as Nathan Drake in Uncharted-movie.

See the blue article.

Justin Bieber :p

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 74 (486 Views)
0 Likes