First Son
26 posts

Re: Are you still discovering new things?

Jul 17, 2013

The first thing I discovered that struck me the most was the attention to detail when it comes to lighting and shadows. This was on the rooftop with Joel and Tess where their characters cast their shadows on a building across the street. The shadows were like at least a good 100-foot distance from my perspective. I spent a good 10 minutes walking around, aiming with the pistol to see if my shadow is doing the same.

Message 31 of 74 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Jul 17, 2013

You can do "Joel + Ellie's cover cuddle" animation with Bill as well.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 32 of 74 (517 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Jul 17, 2013

sinta0531 wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

sinta0531 wrote:

Can someone check this.. I got all the collectibles, and I noticed that my main menu now has Ellies knife leaning against the window pane. I think that knife wasn't even there before I beat the game or collecting all the collectibles.

Yeah I can confirm that. If you start a new game (not NG+, will stay if NG+) it will disappear however until you complete it again.

thanks! That's kind of cool Smiley Happy. I wonder if they intend to put a meaning behind it, or just an easter egg

Yeah, I got it too after playing survivor (didn't notice it the first time). I took it as Joel and Ellie finally putting down their weapons and living a normal life. Plus they got electricity and there's kids and 40 families so it's all cool.

Message 33 of 74 (507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jul 17, 2013

If you look in Sarah's room in the prologue, she actually has the picture Tommy tries to give to Joel hung up on the wall by her night stand. it's of Sarah and Joel at a soccer competition. I thought it was really neat.

Message 34 of 74 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4848 posts

Jul 17, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

You can do "Joel + Ellie's cover cuddle" animation with Bill as well.

Perhaps Naughty Dog will offer dlc Frank skin at some point? ;-)

Message 35 of 74 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Jul 17, 2013

TheGuzzz wrote:

In Sarah's room in the prologue, there's a book on her desk by the computer that's titled "Mathematics Help Guide". I guess she wasn't that good at math lol. She's also kinda messy, judging from the clothes on her floor, she knows how to play the guitar like her dad, and soccer wasn't just a hobby, but something she really loved. There's also another book on her desk that says "Speed Reading Techniques", so I guess she wants to be able to skim? Also, there's a stuffed giraffe next to her dresser and in front of her door, possible vague foreshadow? Oh, and she had a skateboard.Cat Very Happy

Edit: There's a portrait of a snowy landscape with a deer in Joel's room. Another vague foreshadow? Also, something that I noticed about the pictures in the house is that there's no pictures of Sarah and her mom, or just her mom. They're all either her with Joel, Tommy, or her friends. No mommy.

Edit (again): When you go into the alley as Joel and Tommy pushes the runner from you and shoots him in the head, it's the same exact execution animation that you can perform in the MP. When he executes the runner, you even hear him shout "he's dead" except its not in Tommy's voice. Rather, it sounds like a voice in the MP. Possible bug? Still awesome to see though.

Reading this post is like watching Criminal Minds... 

Message 36 of 74 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Jul 17, 2013

I discovered many more contextual attacks in my 2nd, 3rd and 4th playthrough.

Hey, this may come a little off-topic but can someone tell me if I have to unlock all the shiv doors in a single playthough or can if I can just do it by chapter select, please?

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 37 of 74 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2013

Where did Ellie got her switchblade? She got it in Davids place, right? 

NVM I remember she stabbed a soldier in chap 3 with it.

+============================================================+
Message 38 of 74 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Jul 17, 2013

found a little easter egg in the last level in the firefly lab i dont if its been found already though.

Message 39 of 74 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jul 18, 2013

Cheese-Rawl wrote:

sinta0531 wrote:

WinterEdit wrote:

sinta0531 wrote:

Can someone check this.. I got all the collectibles, and I noticed that my main menu now has Ellies knife leaning against the window pane. I think that knife wasn't even there before I beat the game or collecting all the collectibles.

Yeah I can confirm that. If you start a new game (not NG+, will stay if NG+) it will disappear however until you complete it again.

thanks! That's kind of cool Smiley Happy. I wonder if they intend to put a meaning behind it, or just an easter egg

Yeah, I got it too after playing survivor (didn't notice it the first time). I took it as Joel and Ellie finally putting down their weapons and living a normal life. Plus they got electricity and there's kids and 40 families so it's all cool.

I noticed the switchblade by the window as soon as I finished my first playthrough.

It was an awesome symbol for completing the story.

I then later realized that the window in the main menu looks like the same window in the TLoU 2011 announcement trailer, they showed at the VGAs.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 40 of 74 (427 Views)
0 Likes