First Son
26 posts

Re: Are you still discovering new things?

Jul 21, 2013

Both Joel and Sarah's near-fatal/fatal injuries are on the right side of their abdomen....

Message 51 of 74 (522 Views)
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

Jul 21, 2013

I've noticed how, similar to Uncharted, it is always shown at certain key moments, where you're going and where you've come from. So like, you get out the grand hotel, skip your mind forward to the bit with the nailbombs that can be triggered by the wire. You climb up the fire escape and you see the bridge, with the hotel behind you. Like the landmarks are always there to remind you of your objectives.

And also another thing, you see on the wall in the quarantine zone "Go to the light" or something. Obviously, the journey you partake in is getting Ellie to the fireflies, and real fireflies light up (think when Ellie notices them in Lincoln). Now going back to what I said earlier, pretty much always the place you're going to, will be lighted, either the sun shining on it or clouds parted, contrasted to where you've been which is darker/cloudier. One example is when you're with Marlene, you're on top of the building (think where you see the explosion), and you see those two buildings - where one leans on the other - are shrouded in dark clouds. And to your left, going towards Eliie, the sun is setting - much more welcoming.

But obviously, once you've got to that 'lighted' area, you realise there's no pot of gold here. Then when you get to another of those 'key moments', you'll notice the place you've just come from is now darkened, with the next destination lighted. For me, it resonates the scene with Tess, how the fireflies are always dead once you get there. Likewise, through the game, you see symbols showing they were here but now aren't. Freakin awesome how it uses the game medium to use foreshadowing and subtle hints like that.

I mean Jesus, there's a TON of little things you won't - like you WILL NOT; not a chance - notice in your first playthrough.

One thing also, I never noticed the molotov guys are essentially human stalkers. I was in the hotel grand (was it the grand hotel? Whatever lol) and I'd just took an hour to clear both floors (literally an hour). With only the molotov guy left, I tried to sneak by coming in the other direction - drop down a floor, go up the hole in the roof rather than the stairs. But he somehow got behind me. I run away and repeat this 4 times with him catching me, until Ellie sees him before he sees me and tells me. Then I managed to get that sonofabitch lol.

Oh god yeah, one more thing. Playing on normal, in the hotel basement, I never noticed the stalkers. I got the keycard, went straight to the generator. Obviously when I turned it on they grabbed me, in my blind panic I shotgunned them, thinking they were just runners - they all look the same when you're blowing their heads off. Then I get the power going, and run to the door. People were talking about stalkers there and I'm like "Wait, what?".

I mean I found that scene super tense, but going through on hard, noticing the **bleep** things are stalking me, then ambushing me when I get the keycard, oh man, nearly had a heart attack.

Oh by the way...I love this game. Thank you Naughty Dog.

Message 52 of 74 (505 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jul 22, 2013

The books "Minimalist: Less is More" in the conference room and the CEO's office in the Pittsburgh gameplay.... Something that Druckmann and Straley preached during the development of TLOU.

Message 53 of 74 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Not sure about this one but I think it seems that parts of the game (such as the first boost for Ellie in Bill's Town) have have been acted multiple times, since it seemed differently voiced than some other times.

But that could be just me.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 54 of 74 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 23, 2013

Anyone noticed (or cared about) this?

The El Diablo revolver is really similar to the Tau Sniper from Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. Just thought it was a cool kind-of reference.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 55 of 74 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Random bump, because didn't want to make another thread.

When you're playing as Ellie, you can open your backpack, and you find a Sony Walkman there. Now, to wonder... who was it that published the game? Smiley Happy

... I have no life.
Message 56 of 74 (333 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Na 2ª vez que joguei resolvi procurar todos os recantos em busca de objectos coleccionaveis que me escaparam da 1ª vez e no nivel "Pittsburgh" na parte "Foge da Cidade" , no mesmo apartamento em que conhecemos pela 1ª vez Henry e Sam, há uma sala em que aparecem umas pequenas estatuas de esqueletos de vestido e chapéu em cima de um movel. Lembro-me de ter olhado para o chapéu e ter pensado no México. Pesquisei e parecem ter a ver com a cultura mexicana. Será que tenho razão? O que lhes parece?

Message 57 of 74 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

twingo-taz5 wrote:

Na 2ª vez que joguei resolvi procurar todos os recantos em busca de objectos coleccionaveis que me escaparam da 1ª vez e no nivel "Pittsburgh" na parte "Foge da Cidade" , no mesmo apartamento em que conhecemos pela 1ª vez Henry e Sam, há uma sala em que aparecem umas pequenas estatuas de esqueletos de vestido e chapéu em cima de um movel. Lembro-me de ter olhado para o chapéu e ter pensado no México. Pesquisei e parecem ter a ver com a cultura mexicana. Será que tenho razão? O que lhes parece?

If anyone cares about what this fellow said, I did a quick Google Translate about it. Here is what he said... more or less correct.

"The 2nd time I played I decided to seek every corner in search of collectibles that I missed the 1st time and level "Pittsburgh" on the "Flee the City," in the same apartment we met for the 1st time Henry and Sam, there is a room in which appears a small statues of skeletons dress and hat on a mobile. I remember having looked at the hat and have thought in Mexico. Researched and seem to have to do with Mexican culture. Do I have reason? What do you think?"

That could be a reference to Day of the Dead or such, yes, a Mexican holiday to respect the deceased ones, in which some people go to a parade and dress themselves as skeletons, paint their head with skulls and such.

... I have no life.
Message 58 of 74 (307 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 30, 2013
Eles são inteligentes. Aproveitam para fazer publicidade num jogo que vende milhões de cópias. Só faltava aparecer umas PS3 junto aos vários LCD que vão aparecendo.
Message 59 of 74 (288 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Obrigado pela sua opinião. Neste forúm alguém escreveu que lhe parecia ter ouvido um dos bandidos falar mexicano durante o jogo. Isto mostra a atenção ao detalhe da Naugty Dog pois se existirem emigrantes mexicanos durante o jogo, e se a suposição estiver correcta acerca dessas estátuas, então é natural que esses emigrantes talvez tenham trazido com eles alguns dos seus costumes. Não é qualquer editora que olha a esses detalhes. Mas isto é, relembro, apenas uma suposição.Smiley Happy

Message 60 of 74 (284 Views)
0 Likes