Apr 07 2013
By: AKyemeni Naughty Paw 11606 posts

Arne: More Survivor enemies than infected

15 replies 397 views Edited Apr 7, 2013

ARNE SURVIVORS.png

View Single Post
(03-24-2013, 06:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Derrick01View Post
Arne are you allowed to comment on the ratio of human enemies to clicker/zombie (whatever they're called)?

I don't mind the strategy change when the latter comes into play but I'll be honest this game really impressed me when you guys showed the human encounters and how the human AI would change it's approach depending on what the player did. It didn't look like scripted or repeated actions and animations. So I'd like to see as many of those encounters as possible.
overall, roughly more skewed towards encounters with survivors. this is a slippery slope though, no percentages or anything else. wait til more info or the game comes out.

What do you think?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=51355737&postcount=900

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 1 of 16 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Re: Arne: More Survivor enemies than infected

Apr 7, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

ARNE SURVIVORS.png

View Single Post

Arne are you allowed to comment on the ratio of human enemies to clicker/zombie (whatever they're called)?

I don't mind the strategy change when the latter comes into play but I'll be honest this game really impressed me when you guys showed the human encounters and how the human AI would change it's approach depending on what the player did. It didn't look like scripted or repeated actions and animations. So I'd like to see as many of those encounters as possible.
overall, roughly more skewed towards encounters with survivors. this is a slippery slope though, no percentages or anything else. wait til more info or the game comes out.

What do you think?

I thought this was pretty old information? as far as I knew it was always more about fighting surviving humans with occasionally fighting clickers, however what I am interested, will we have situations where we fight both at the same time, where the clickers attack me and my allies but also the other human survivors who are attacking me, that would make the gameplay even more interesting because I can't just recklessly shoot the human survivors because that will attract the clickers, and hand to hand combat leaves me more exposed the the other survivors, it's going to be much more challenging and I would like it Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 16 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11606 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

ARNE SURVIVORS.png

View Single Post

What do you think?

I thought this was pretty old information? as far as I knew it was always more about fighting surviving humans with occasionally fighting clickers, however what I am interested, will we have situations where we fight both at the same time, where the clickers attack me and my allies but also the other human survivors who are attacking me, that would make the gameplay even more interesting because I can't just recklessly shoot the human survivors because that will attract the clickers, and hand to hand combat leaves me more exposed the the other survivors, it's going to be much more challenging and I would like it Smiley Happy

This was old in the sense that he commented during PAX, but before that, no one knew who would appear more. 

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 3 of 16 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Apr 7, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

ARNE SURVIVORS.png

View Single Post

What do you think?

This was old in the sense that he commented during PAX, but before that, no one knew who would appear more. 

seriously? unless I am imagening it, it was already since e3 2012 know what was more important, if I see a link about it somewhere I shall post it Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 16 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11606 posts

Apr 7, 2013
Arne wasn't talking about what was more important. He was talking about who we were mostly going to fight.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 5 of 16 (371 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

Yeah it's been known that we will fight humans more than the infected already. They basically say the reason is because the humans have more variety than the Infected. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 16 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Apr 7, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
Arne wasn't talking about what was more important. He was talking about who we were mostly going to fight.

yeah, yeah, that's what I meant...

the poster above thinks it was also old knews, so I may be right though, and it doesn't mean it's wrong of you to post it, I just thought it was something we knew already Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 16 (293 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

the poster above thinks it was also old knews, so I may be right though, and it doesn't mean it's wrong of you to post it, I just thought it was something we knew already Smiley Wink

It is old news for those who have been keeping up with TLOU. Some are just late to the party. Since the hype for the game has been building up, it attracts more people and they wouldn't know who we will fight more. So the OP is just telling the newcomers the news I'm sure.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 16 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Apr 7, 2013

EDSTA713 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

It is old news for those who have been keeping up with TLOU. Some are just late to the party. Since the hype for the game has been building up, it attracts more people and they wouldn't know who we will fight more. So the OP is just telling the newcomers the news I'm sure.

oh? have you read everything he said?: 'This was old in the sense that he commented during PAX, but before that, no one knew who would appear more.'

it sounds like he thought it wasn't old news, but that's fine like I said Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 16 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Apr 7, 2013

EDSTA713 wrote:

Yeah it's been known that we will fight humans more than the infected already. They basically say the reason is because the humans have more variety than the Infected. 

OMG. Does anybody have a high-res version of that video thumbnail? (colored)

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 10 of 16 (265 Views)
0 Likes