Jun 27 2013
By: PermanentlyAngry First Son 14 posts

Artifacts for Lakeside Resort (PLEASE HELP)

[ Edited ]
20 replies 11691 views Edited Jun 27, 2013

Firstly let me say I absolutely LOVE this game, but right now I'm in full on rage mode. I've got every artifact in the game, bar one apparently. On Lakeside Resort. It has said 11/12 and it is really starting to annoy me. I've already checked Ellies bag and got all 9 items. I've got th eLakeside resort map, I've also got Ellies Backpack and I also have the meat Ledger... erm... hang on, isn't that all 12 items I hear you ask? Well yes, yes it is and for some reason the game is only recognising that I have 11. Seriously? Really bloody annoyed by this glitch, so question to you all, have any of you had this same glitch? Any one suggest a fix other than me having to play the game through on a new save file and collect all the artifacts again? I like the game, but not that much.

Message 1 of 21 (11,691 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

In Ellie's backpack, check the Force Carrier comic book.

Jun 27, 2013

Signature Size for Contest July TLOU photo FINALSARAH_zpse2590fe2.jpg
Message 2 of 21 (11,338 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Re: In Ellie's backpack, check the Force Carrier comic book.

Jun 27, 2013

Pyromobster wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Just loaded up the game and I gave that a go. Sadly it didn't work. I've checked all 9 items in Ellies bag multiple times. They're all there. I've read the back of the letter too. I have the thre items Joeal should have. I'm guessing this is just another bug/glitch that slipped through the net. Very disappointing that so many have seemingly made it through into what was otherwise a truly exceptional experience. It has tarnished the experience somewhat for me.

Message 3 of 21 (10,979 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4328 posts

Re: In Ellie's backpack, check the Force Carrier comic book.

Jun 27, 2013

PermanentlyAngry wrote:

Pyromobster wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Just loaded up the game and I gave that a go. Sadly it didn't work. I've checked all 9 items in Ellies bag multiple times. They're all there. I've read the back of the letter too. I have the thre items Joeal should have. I'm guessing this is just another bug/glitch that slipped through the net. Very disappointing that so many have seemingly made it through into what was otherwise a truly exceptional experience. It has tarnished the experience somewhat for me.

What exactly has "tarnished the experience" for you? Is it because this is interfering with your ability to unlock a trophy?

Photobucket
Message 4 of 21 (10,879 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Re: Artifacts for Lakeside Resort (PLEASE HELP)

Jun 28, 2013

N4G has a very thorough trophy guide for TLOU.

Message 5 of 21 (10,781 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

Jun 28, 2013

If you're still having trouble, check out this video. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlvsZ_LcYbw

Signature Size for Contest July TLOU photo FINALSARAH_zpse2590fe2.jpg
Message 6 of 21 (10,735 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 29, 2013
So I was stuck at 11/12 forever, and I played through the level 3 times before I noticed (researching PowerPyx's video) that I didn't stay long enough on Sam's toy to trigger the dialogue from Ellie. As soon as I did that, I got my trophy. Also, this game is awesome.
Message 7 of 21 (10,645 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jul 8, 2013
This game is awesome but is anyone having trouble with the I want to talk about it trophy I swear I followed the guide step by step and my trophy never came up. Should I follow an online guide instead of the Brady games guide?
Message 8 of 21 (10,361 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

HumbabaOReilly wrote:
So I was stuck at 11/12 forever, and I played through the level 3 times before I noticed (researching PowerPyx's video) that I didn't stay long enough on Sam's toy to trigger the dialogue from Ellie. As soon as I did that, I got my trophy. Also, this game is awesome.

Had the same issue and made the same mistake, very helpful, kudos to you.

Oh and to OP: make sure you hear her say all the soundbytes, I know she says something when you look at the robot and something when you turn Rileys dogtag and when you turn the walkman, you should also turn your mothers letter. Other than that I can't imagine what the issue is.

Also, make sure that you got to the next checkpoint (I believe it's until you meet david and skip the cutscene), then save, go to the main menu and check the artifact count in the chapter select

Message 9 of 21 (10,316 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 14, 2013

hey man, i just saw your post a few minutes ago and i thought i could help you out.

I just had this problem like 10 minutes ago and i was so furious and mad.

heres the soloution, you just have to go over every item in the backpack but you have to hear her say something about each item (Except for the comics)

Message 10 of 21 (8,765 Views)
0 Likes