Jul 27 2013
By: mani60cent Lombax Warrior 88 posts

Ask Me Anything with Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us Directors

[ Edited ]
21 replies 439 views Edited Jul 27, 2013

This is my chance to ask them for a sequel!!.. anyway get whatever questions you have ready..

By now you’ve had well over a month to play the highest rated console game of 2013. If you haven’t played The Last of Us by now, you’re missing out on a remarkable experience that over 3.4 million people have been raving about. If you have played it you must have some lingering questions and curiosities concerning the game itself, its development, or what kind of vacations (if any) we’ve been taking, right?

It’s your chance to get some of those questions answered as we’re doing our second Reddit AMA. Head over to Reddit and at 3pm PT/6pm ET on Wednesday July 31 to join in an Ask Me Anything with Bruce Straley, Game Director, and Neil Druckmann, Creative Director, on The Last of Us.  Bruce and Neil will be taking all your questions and replying to them as in-depth and rapidly as possible. Just don’t ask about why Bruce just recently joined Twitter…

If you missed our first Reddit foray check it out here. Mark next Wednesday on your calendars and get those burning questions ready. Funny questions are appreciated as well. See you online!

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/ask_me_anything_with_naughty_dogs_the_last_of_us_directors/

Message 1 of 22 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Re: Ask Me Anything with Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us Directors

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

They've already been asked about a sequel countless times and always say its up in the air. In fact, I doubt they'll give us a proper answer any time between the next two years. I  also doubt they'll ever say "No, we're not making a sequel" or reveal a sequel in a reddit ask-me-anything. That's what E3 is for. 

Message 2 of 22 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

i know im not going to get anything out of them, but i might as well ask since its an "ask me anything" since its the only question i really care about.. but hey.. i will take any answer. 

Message 3 of 22 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 27, 2013

No, I'm not going to ask them any questions; I'm going to demand TLOU 2 or else..

See what Neil has to say to that, Mwhahaha.

Jk.. serisouly though I better hear somthin bout a sequel with both Joel and Ellie in it.

Message 4 of 22 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jul 27, 2013

haha, yeah. hell, maybe if enough people ask, they might actually make a sequel.

no wait.....halflife3.

Message 5 of 22 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Ask when we can expect the DLC, particuarly the story DLC and co-op DLC. 

I'd also like to know if they are currently developing for PS4.

Message 6 of 22 (407 Views)
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

just so you know, click on this link and it tells you the exact time it starts in your location, http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20130731T15&p1=137

Message 7 of 22 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jul 27, 2013

This game is their best reviewed game ever, right behind Uncharted 2, it might even have more perfect scores, and it's selling a heck of a lot faster.

I have on simple question that I may ask on there. I think everyone else should too.

What was the reason for dumbing the game down compared to E3? Seriously. I just need to know why. The game was still so amazing, and the AI was quite good, but compared to E3? Not so much. Why can't we disarm anymore? Why does hitting people with bricks feel so weak compared to E3? Why do enemies not react to a moltov being thrown at them until it hits them? Why do they only sometimes hide for cover when having a gun pointed at them? If we can get a hint on what the DLC will be, and if it will be a decent length and get a reason for why the game was dumbed down, I'd be happy.

Message 8 of 22 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Jul 27, 2013
You could play on Survivor. It solves the hiding thing. If you point a gun at them, either be very quick, or prepare to get shot.

As for question, I just want to know about the DLC.
Message 9 of 22 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Just go find out all the answers you like and report them back here please.  I'm not going there for the pony show.

IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...

~{Ratsneve}~
Message 10 of 22 (350 Views)
0 Likes