First Son
3 posts

Re: Autosave issue - FIXED and update

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

I'm STILL having freezing issues.  And it's frequent.  And it doesn't involve saves.  I've just gotten to the "Outside" and i'm getting freezes not only when i have it paused, but after saves, and even just running around.  This is in single player mode.  I've got the ps3 slim.  

Anyone else still getting the freeze issue? 

Also, i'm on patch 1.01.  I've tried restarting.  And there's ambient noise just cycling.  Yet the image onscreen isn't moving.  And i have to initiate a hard power down and restart (playstation button does nothing).

Message 131 of 179 (814 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 23, 2013

um it's not flixed. i just ran into this problem at the lab 4th barrier in where you need to mount the horse to continue on with the game. the girl glitches and jumps off the horse and just stands there press pause and it says autosave in progress please wait... it never saves so i can't continue the game also the buildings all become see through. try reloading the save and it sit's at the spore's floating screen. and a loading 0.00% pops up and does nothing. so i tried replaying the checkpoint. did the same thing on the 4th barrier. so i quit out of the game it foze up the machine causing it to restart itself. and tried removing the 1.01 patch and tried it again same chapter. same place autosave kicked in same problem. did the same thing it restarted my machine. i deleted all the game data. left my save file and profile alone. re downloaded the 26 gig file and waited till it installed 100% of the game even though at 70% it tells me i can play now. i was 12 hours into this game at 70%. and after redownloading and installing including the patch i have to start over again don't allow me to load any save. checked my saves it was under uknown at the bottom of the save list became corrupt. .... so to thw whole bug being fixed. nope not yet it's not.

Message 132 of 179 (798 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Autosave may be fixed, but manual save no longer works.

Purchased game June 21st, installed, updated.

When manual saving get this message: "Autosaving still in progress, please wait", then the next screen has on the right 4 repeated times, "autosaving. Please wait..."

Had 3 manual saves, each one shows a different image, time and percentage, yet each is the same, the latest autosave.

Quit game all the way out, restarted game, no change. Shut off system, no change. This happens while connected to server AND offline. Manual save does not work.

Having to treat game like a check point game, this is a drag. PLEASE fix it!

Message 133 of 179 (744 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

Naughty Dog is an irresponsible company with the way they have remained silent on the game's failure to correctly restore manually saved games and by not releasing a fix for the game in a timely manner.  I emailed Naughty Dog three times regarding this issue and NEVER received a response.

As the previous poster stated each time a manually saved game is loaded the game just reloads the autosave point and does not restore the player to where the game was actually saved.  Naughty Dog should have had a fix out by now or at the very least issued a statement to this forum stating they were working on a solution for some of the major problems. 

Message 134 of 179 (606 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 30, 2013
I'm still having issue with autosave; I'm at the science lab and upon exiting the building the whole outdoor area was black. Then I went to exit and it froze on the "Autosaving please wait" screen. Now I can't load any of my saved games, including manual saves. It gets to an arbitrary loading percentage and then just stops.

I really want to finish the game because I've been enjoying it, but it's getting too annoying staring at a blank screen while I waste what little spare time I have.

Please fix ND!
Message 135 of 179 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
30 posts

Jul 1, 2013

So, I just noticed this today, and I am sure all of you have already seen it....just throwing in my 2 cents since this really annoyed me.  I was doing a level in Pittsburg, and I accidently went through a checkpoint and couldn't get back to where I wanted to be to continue exploring.  I had been doing manual saves to help prevent this so I went to load one.  It was the latest save, but when I went into the load menu, the game said Auto saving.......and saved right over the save I was wanting to load!!! If the game is auto-saving, shouldn't there be an purely auto-save file?  Not save over a manual save file?  This may seem like an insignificant problem, but when my next save back is over an hour ago, thats not a happy place.  I guess I will wait to get all my collectibles on playthrough 2......

Message 136 of 179 (446 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

Yes the manual save issue is my ONLY real complaint. There is NO manual save. I am the type of player gorgeous games like this are created for. I explore EVERY nook and cranny and play slow and conserve every possible bullet. I love RPGs (demons souls/ dark souls, oblivion/skyrim) and making tiny incremental progress then saving. But this game is sadly a checkpoint game.

Yes, this game is filled with other problems like not hearing the conversations but their mouths are moving and overheating my fat 40g ps3. (ive never heard the fan work this hard. Seriously) even still this is my favorite game of the year and one of my favorite games ever.

I have not really touched the multiplayer because I heard of too many problems and the SP is incredible. 

The saving thing is really the only thing I want patched, everything else (to me) is forgiveable .

PS. and the fact that ND has said they "fixed" the autosave issue is simply false and was only said so their sales wouldnt be affected. Which is understandable but they really should fix it soon.

Message 137 of 179 (386 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 3, 2013

I'm really disappointed that it is July 2nd and this has still not been truly fixed.  The autosave issue is happening more often now.  I get to play about 10 minutes before I have to reboot the console and sit through the long load screens to restart the game.  I'm done with this game until ND fixes this.  Thank you Telltale for releasing the new Walking Dead ep.  Hopefully, by the time I'm done with this, Naughty Dog gets their **** together.

Message 138 of 179 (1,105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Hi. I was playing fine (With Update) until I got to "hunted" I believe the auto save was titled. Just this morning it wouldn't load. The audio would cut out, the title screen would show a bright light and wash out the window, and freeze the PS3. I was able to use it just fine up until now. I erased the profile data and refused the 1.02 patch. Now it works again.

I hope you fix this. I have a ps3 slim and now won't be able to play online. Disappointed.

Oh well at least I can finish the game.

Message 139 of 179 (1,021 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
2 posts

Jul 8, 2013

I'm also one of the people still experiencing issues with the autosave and I purchased the game after the patch was released. I'm using a 120g PS3 Slim. I first experienced the problem in the "woods" as we set forth to find Bill. The environment would not load and allow me to leave the woods and approach the fenced area. The game would not exit to the main menu because it was autosaving. After resetting the game, the "continue" option would not load my game. I had to restart the game and load the previous chapter and play through back to the woods. That time it worked and I was able to save and continue on. The next time it occured (and I have since been unable to get past this point), is with Bill at the church. We walk inside and the cut scene plays. After that, I can walk around and explore but the game will not progress. Bill won't go into the dialogue about the nail bomb, he just stands by the table. When I try to exit out, it says its autosaving. This is my SECOND PLAYTHROUGH to this point because, during my previous playthough, my chapters stopped loading. So I played all the way back to this point and its STILL THE SAME ISSUE. I'm seeing other people post about this, too. Come on, ND. You've got a really good game here being ruined by such an annoying glitch.

Message 140 of 179 (1,001 Views)
0 Likes