Sackboy
471 posts

Re: Autosave issue - FIXED and update

Jun 15, 2013

Spent the last few hours getting back to where I was and the issue is not happening anymore thankfully, still **bleep** about the wasted time though.

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Message 91 of 179 (1,895 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Jun 15, 2013

chaystic wrote:

Spent the last few hours getting back to where I was and the issue is not happening anymore thankfully, still **bleep** about the wasted time though.

Don't worry man, the massive boner of awesome the rest of the game is sure to produce, will more than make up for it.

Message 92 of 179 (1,886 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Jun 15, 2013
@Zod5000. While I'm am still a little perturbed. I do appreciate you guys being on top of things and trying to resolve thing so quickly. Other devs should take heed.
Message 93 of 179 (1,877 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
594 posts

Jun 15, 2013

slazer wrote:
@Zod5000. While I'm am still a little perturbed. I do appreciate you guys being on top of things and trying to resolve thing so quickly. Other devs should take heed.

Jumping in and saying our devs are on top of this. Just to clarify what's up. The autosave issue was a problem w/ our servers. There are stats servers just to see how many people play the game. We had to tweak those servers to get the issue fixed. 

Message 94 of 179 (1,868 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2016

I just found out I was experiencing the Autosave glitch, [i]10 hours in[/i].

**Bleep** I had just met Tommy when I finally decide to ask someone why can't I save and they tell me about this.

I now have to start back in the prologue.

I have no idea whether I should just continue playing now or just cool off my ridiculous anger.

I  hear that you actually get to keep your upgrades and stuff, is this true?

Still a really fun game.

Edited: removed inappropriate language

Message 95 of 179 (1,867 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

Hi,

It would be nice if you make a free DLC which unlocks all chapters

that those players who lost their progress (me 8h) can play on from their last position then start back in the prologue.

greets

Message 96 of 179 (1,816 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Thank you for fixing it so quickly ND! If I had to play through the couple hours I have already I'd have no problem with it. This game is beautiful and I'm having a blast!

A minor hiccup in an otherwise amazing title.
Message 97 of 179 (1,811 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Ok, I have a bit of an issue. In order to become fully immersed in the world of The Last of Us, I went on media blackout and played through the entire game. Because of this, I never fixed the autosave issue. This led to the game freezing at the end, and it only saved up until around %10 into the game. Since I am very eager to play the game on survivor, I was wondering if there was anyway to unlock survivor mode, without playing through the game on a lower difficulty again?

Message 98 of 179 (812 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 15, 2013
I second what RavusLucror23 said.

Got the game this morning, installed patch, started playing and never stopped. Just beat it moments ago. Enjoyed it a lot. Screw your stat gathering for ruining everything. After the credits it, it doesn't freeze, it waits for the autosave to finish (which won't), you can still pause the game and navigate the menus. I checked the time on the save file and it's from when i first booted up the game. Lame.

Biggest screw up since Dead Island's save bug.
Message 99 of 179 (801 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 15, 2013
The most irritating part of all off this is that you ruined the game for so many people just because of your precious stats collecting.

Develop some kind of chapter selection option, I really think you owe that to the people who bought the game at day 1.

But I'm guessing you won't do that, because that would probably screw up your precious stats, am I right?
Message 100 of 179 (745 Views)