First Son
2 posts

Re: Autosave issue - FIXED and update

Jun 14, 2013

arne, I'm sorry but the best solution is to launch the patch to fix this problem because I prefer to play connected on the PSN.

So the only solution is to just restart the game? Pfffff ¬¬'

Message 11 of 177 (2,310 Views)
Sackboy
470 posts

Jun 14, 2013

That won't bring back the 8 hours that I wasted today!

I'm so **bleep** seriously, I collected so much stuff, upgraded so many weapons and for what? FOR nothing, not even motiviated to contine playing now...

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Message 12 of 177 (2,292 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jun 14, 2013

That's EXACTLY how I feel, although I "only" lost 4-5 hours. But I collected everything I could find, looted everything and upgraded a lot of stuff. I won't be touching this for a while, if at all.

Message 13 of 177 (2,278 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

Jun 14, 2013

chaystic wrote:

I'm so **bleep** seriously, I collected so much stuff, upgraded so many weapons and for what? FOR nothing, not even motiviated to contine playing now...

I'm sorry to hear that chaystic. Is it possible you have a save that was just mislabled but still works? Some users reported the following

Apparently, the game does save even with this bug. I found a site where the people were saying that the time stamps were all screwed up. If you go to "Load Game" instead of "Continue", you'll be able to find and select the correct save point.
Message 14 of 177 (2,261 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Got yet more problems, when quitting the game ps3 hard resets. Restore of file system.

Message 15 of 177 (2,252 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

Pretty annoyed with this as well I got to about 45% in the game while the autosave freeze was going (and I knew it was going because I had noticed every time I pressed start it would still say "autosaving, please wait...." and my last real save was at about 21%. Well, back to the Capitol I suppose.

Thanks for fixing it so quickly though!

www.youtube.com/user/organizedConfoosion

First person to beat Last of Us on Hard without picking up/using any health packs + no health upgrades. 8)
Message 16 of 177 (2,243 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
470 posts

Jun 14, 2013

zod5000 wrote:

chaystic wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that chaystic. Is it possible you have a save that was just mislabled but still works? Some users reported the following

Apparently, the game does save even with this bug. I found a site where the people were saying that the time stamps were all screwed up. If you go to "Load Game" instead of "Continue", you'll be able to find and select the correct save point.

I tried that and nope, the last save is from yesterday...I basically wasted my time today, no disrespect to ND but i'm so disappointed, I already called it my Game of the year but now I don't even feel like playing it anymore. :/

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Message 17 of 177 (2,211 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
597 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I feel really bad for the people who lost their progress. This reminds me of the time I lost 20+ hours of progress on TLoZ: TP. Terrible, terrible feeling. Anyways, I'm glad the issue is fixed. I'll be getting the game later today.

I am the one who knocks.
Message 18 of 177 (2,210 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
568 posts

Jun 14, 2013

You really can't bring yourself to play 4-8 hours again when you were probably already gonna re-play it. I wouldn't be happy if I lost all that progress, but I'd have no problem replaying it.

Message 19 of 177 (2,196 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

Jun 14, 2013

JOSH55886 wrote:

You really can't bring yourself to play 4-8 hours again when you were probably already gonna re-play it. I wouldn't be happy if I lost all that progress, but I'd have no problem replaying it.

I can feel peoples pain with this and really do apologize. Having spent over hundreds of hours playing, I can vouch for the replay value, but that doesn't make up for losing the progress. 

That being said, I will try to make up for this by running around MP and letting people shoot me in the face.

Message 20 of 177 (2,145 Views)