Splicer
44 posts

Re: Autosave issue - FIXED and update

Jun 14, 2013

Tonylee1979: 

It's a bad bug.. But not as bad as the one I'm facing, where the game sometimes wont even start, quitting kills my PS3, dialogue go missing and a few other minor things. 

I've got it bad. But I'm not cussing, shouting and demanding my money back. I enjoyed the 20 minutes I've been able to play. Therefore, I'll enjoy it when the bugs are fixed. 

Patience man.. Keeps the blood pressure down.

Message 51 of 179 (1,512 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 14, 2013

So i completed the game a few hours ago, but after the credits it was just a black screen. Nothing was happening so i was like meh what the heck i'll shut it off now i waited 10 minutes, went back on there just now and i'm at 67% complete and i'm way back from the ending part.. i was gonna try another save and get some trophies, Since i've lost all of my time spent of collecting and searching for supplies and so on, I'm just not motivated to play the game anymore, I didnt enjoy the multiplayer either. On the shelf you go. On a side note.. the trophies werent working for me either.. lierally the only trophy i got was the "Game Completed on Easy" That was all, so buggy.

Message 52 of 179 (1,485 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Same thing happened to me, picked up my pre-order this morning and been playing it since. Exited to the XMB to give my PS a break and loaded it back up to see I had to start over :/ was **bleep** for a second but than I had the idea to just have my girlfriends little brother get me back to where I was, problem solved Smiley Happy
Message 53 of 179 (1,466 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Again though, you seem to be missing the point: these kind of bugs should not be happening.  Fair enough, we all know what Naughty Dog can produce, but that doesn't mean we should all blindly accept that we can't play the game we paid good money for.  In future, I think I'll wait a good few weeks before purchasing AAA titles, so my fingers don't get burned.

Let's compare this to purchasing a car.  You buy it on good faith and the manufacturer's previous unblemished record.  Yet, when it's delivered to your house, you realise you can't even start it because of a fundamental mechanical issue.  Do you accept it and give platitudes to others who condemn the car?  Or do you raise hell with the dealership?  

Message 54 of 179 (1,488 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 14, 2013

all we need is chapter select. c'mon naughty dog show how great you are

Message 55 of 179 (1,449 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

I don't disagree that ND should've done some more thorough testing. The thing I'm disagreeing with is your reaction, and the people who react similar. Calm down. It's a game.

Also, I don't believe purchasing a car can be compared to purchasing a game. Purchasing a PS3 can be compared to buying a car, where-as games.. Well, it's more like buying a stereo for your car. The wires may not be connected correctly. Just saying.. Smiley Tongue

Message 56 of 179 (1,438 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 14, 2013
It's TIME SPENT. I am tired of people playing this crap down due to it being "just a game". Well I spent ALL last night playing only to wake up missing my progress. THEN, when I nearly catch back up, the game freezes. Guess what? I load back into the game and find it's gone AGAIN.
Message 57 of 179 (1,421 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 14, 2013

it's not really "FIXED" is it?

Message 58 of 179 (1,414 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Jeez.  I give up.  It was just an analogy; the value of the items is neither here nor there - it is simply not acceptable.

Message 59 of 179 (1,410 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Well, I'm pretty sure that your 'time spent' would've been used on the game regardless of the save issue.. So what you're really complaining about is, that you took the time to play a game, and now you have to spend additional time playing the game again?  Didn't you enjoy the game? And isn't it worth playing again?

Message 60 of 179 (1,400 Views)
0 Likes