Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
8 posts

Re: Autosave issue - FIXED and update

Jun 14, 2013

No, it isn't.  Not to play the same gameplay that I just completed a few hours ago.  Not to have to meticulously go through each and every room collecting all items again.  Not to have to take my time assessing each and every scenario again.  It really isn't worth the time.  As with any good game, I'd revisit it when it would seem fresh in my mind.  It's not so fresh having to replay it again a few hours later.  *yawn*

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 177 (596 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 14, 2013

if it was, i would be playing it again and not posting here

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 177 (593 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Jun 14, 2013

uguei wrote:

if it was, i would be playing it again and not posting here

Have a break, play another game and you will get back to it sooner of later. I was feeling the same way a few hours ago.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 177 (584 Views)
Fender Bender
2320 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I know losing your progress can be frustrating, but seriously people calm down. You're all overreacting.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 177 (578 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Well, I have a hard time even playing.. So you'll have to excuse my inability to understand your frustration. At least you got to play it.

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 177 (575 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 14, 2013

**bleep**? Naughty Dog developers are obviously a **bleep** bunch of losers... How can a bug like this can surpass your QA? Really, I develop software for surgery equipments and we'd be all out of our jobs if we'd pull some **bleep** close to this... hours and hours are totally lost and I am never gonna by a piece of your software **bleep** ever again!

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 177 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Jun 14, 2013

ddfgh53etdfgdg wrote:

**bleep**? Naughty Dog developers are obviously a **bleep** bunch of losers... How can a bug like this can surpass your QA? Really, I develop software for surgery equipments and we'd be all out of our jobs if we'd pull some **bleep** close to this... hours and hours are totally lost and I am never gonna by a piece of your software **bleep** ever again!

How far in the game were you? In hours

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 177 (550 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 14, 2013

oh cool! all story and cutscenes are on youtube. 

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 177 (546 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

So after all that sweat and tears and incredible ingenuity and hard hard work the Naughty Dog guys surely put into this game... here's another punk come to moan about a dumb save game bug that was fixed on release day anyway.

But consider this punk, who took a day off his work especially to buy and play The Last Of Us, who was a good 5 or 6 hours into the game before he realised that the option to save the game really wasn't going to come back without at least a restart.

So he did a google and saw the detail.

And then he restarted and was sent back, back to even before he'd met that girl. Sheet happens, especially on day 1.

But something had changed.

Where only a few hours ago he'd felt deeply protective about this girl and was full of concern for her, now he kinda wants her to just shut up and get on with it. His paternal instints (so dramically stoked with the game's prologue) have been replaced with feelings of resentment and petty annoyance.

Get on with it, I just want to get back to where I was!

So a little bug like that - which was fixed so quickly that most players will never know it was there - that little bug has sucked away the emotional involvement I had with this game and replaced it with some kind of 6-hour groundhog day experience. It was a game spoiler even though it had nothing to do with how the game ends.

I feel like I've taken a day off work to watch a new Game of Thrones box set, but after watching 8 episodes I must watch them all over again before I'm allowed to watch the last 2. Yes it's really good and all that. Yes I will probably go through it all again. But not before I've reached the end of the story: that's just cruel.

Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 177 (534 Views)
Fender Bender
3650 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Afront wrote:

So after all that sweat and tears and incredible ingenuity and hard hard work the Naughty Dog guys surely put into this game... here's another punk come to moan about a dumb save game bug that was fixed on release day anyway.

But consider this punk, who took a day off his work especially to buy and play The Last Of Us, who was a good 5 or 6 hours into the game before he realised that the option to save the game really wasn't going to come back without at least a restart.

So he did a google and saw the detail.

And then he restarted and was sent back, back to even before he'd met that girl. Sheet happens, especially on day 1.

But something had changed.

Where only a few hours ago he felt deeply protective about this girl and was full of concern for her, now he kinda wants her to just shut up and get on with it. His paternal instints (so dramitically stoked with the game's prologue) have been replaced with feelings of resentment and annoyance. 

Get on with it, I just want to get back to where I was!

So a little bug like that - which was fixed so quickly that most players will never know it was there - that little bug has sucked away the emotional involvement I had with this game and replaced it with some kind of groundhog day. 

I feel like I've taken a day off work to watch a new Game of Thrones box set, but after watching 8 episodes I must watch them all over again before I'm allowed to watch the last 2. Yes it's really good and all that. Yes I will probably go through it all again. But not before I've reached the end of the story: that's just cruel.

True, true and true. Could not have explained it better myself! Thankfully I only got to the bit where the three characters got to the bit in the demo. But still, I can't find the energy to get there again.
Not today anyway, oh well back to Ni No Kuni!

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 177 (512 Views)
0 Likes