First Son
1 posts

Re: Autosave issue - FIXED and update

Jun 14, 2013

So I was just playing The Last of Us and i got to the hotel part, that was in the demo, and it wouldnt let me go to the menu. I turned off my PS3 to get lunch, and when i turned it back on it put me to the mission " beyond the wall'. It just erased half of my progress, and you guys should fix it before this happens to anyone else.p.s. this happened about 15 minutes ago.

Message 81 of 179 (1,509 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Some people will accept just being bent over.......

Message 82 of 179 (1,485 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Super excited for the game for a long time, went to the midnight release played for about 3 hours and manually saved my game before bed. Woke up and played for 2 hours went and did somethings and then came home and played for another 3. Decided to take another break and shut down without saving since the auto save thing comes up everytime I pause the game....

I just went from hour 8 to hour 3 in my game. There isn't anything naughty dog can do to fix this now. My experience as already been completely soured to the point where I won't be going back to The Last of Us for a very long time. All of the things I did completely erased. Refunding the game might happen.

Message 83 of 179 (1,422 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4346 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

So the issue has not been fixed, I have been told by multiple people, including myself that they have lost countless hours of game time due to the autosave glitch still occuring. I myself have lost 6 hours already and was sent all the way back to the begining basically. Needless to say I highly encourage people to freely manually save as much as possible in order to protect their progress. 

I also sincerly hope ND takes another look at this issue, since it is clearly going on even though you guys have stated you have fixed it.

Message 84 of 179 (1,420 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Jun 14, 2013
"So the issue has not been fixed, I have been told by multiple people, including myself that they have lost countless hours of game time due to the autosave glitch still occuring. I myself have lost 6 hours already and was sent all the way back to the begining basically. Needless to say I highly encourage people to freely manually save as much as possible in order to protect their progress.

I also sincerly hope ND takes another look at this issue, since it is clearly going on even though you guys have stated you have fixed it."

The problem for me was all the options to save were saying "auto save in progress: please wait." So I could not manually save if I wanted to. Had to quit from the XMB and then the system did a automatic restart and I lost everything. Put me back to "Beyond the Wall". Not going to attempt anything until I hear more ppl saying they are not having anymore problems.
Message 85 of 179 (1,402 Views)
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 14, 2013

That sucks, apparently it isn't fixed. As long as I can save my game as much as I want when I start playing soon I'll be happy.

So now you can save it manually, but it won't auto-save?

Message 86 of 179 (1,354 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

What the ****? I lost all my progress. This isn't fixing, this is screwing it up even more. I had a lot issues with this game, and I stayed patient, but this is unacceptable. Now I lost all my interest in playing the single-player. This ******' ****** me off.

Edit: profanity

Message 87 of 179 (1,298 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
570 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Well, even if you saw that is was fixed, you should have checked, and if it wasn't working quit, and go offline. If you want to play, and it's not fixed, go to the XMB and sign off, then start up TLOU, but don't sign in. I'm about to try right now. I really hope it works, but if it doesn't you can always just not sign in...

Message 88 of 179 (1,976 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Hello everyone.

By now as long as you have disconnected and reconnected to the PSN , you should not have to worry about this issue.

If you have been playing for a long period (especially if you played being signed in to PSN before the fix went live this morning), please make sure you dont have the autosave issue, then log out of PSN, then log back in.

If you are still concerned and want to be safe, you can play offline for SP until more time is spent with the fix in the wild.

Message 89 of 179 (1,959 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Thanks a lot, ZOD. BTW, anyone get to shoot Zod in the face, yet?
The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 90 of 179 (1,932 Views)