Fender Bender
2633 posts

Re: Beautiful, isn't it?

Apr 9, 2013

2012 was a unique year for GOTY awards. Instead of giving it to more obvious choices like Far Cry 3 or Mass Effect 3, I saw a lot of sites give it to Journey or The Walking Dead.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 11 of 29 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Apr 9, 2013
Take it from me guys. This game will get GOTY..
I Can see in the future.. Yes.

Don't Doubt. You have to Believe.
Message 12 of 29 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Bioshock tells a deep, metaphysical story. The Last of Us will tell an intense and emotional story.

I know that Bioshock gets pretty emotional, but TLOU will be more personal and closer with the player's emotions. You will feel more attracted to Joel and Ellie's actions, I think.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 13 of 29 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Apr 9, 2013

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

Rockstar makes some pretty good games, but Naughty Dog is taking more of an indie approach with this one and that, if done well, should play in their favor.

GOTY Predictions:

1.- TLOU

2.- GTA V

3.- Bioshock Infinite

4.- Beyond: Two Souls (?)

Forgot about that game! This year is definitely looking to be the best year of this generation. Also TWD game season 2 is this year! **bleep**.. and also AC4 black flags. So as some ps4 launch games... holy cow this year loaded. It will be crazier if dark souls 2 and batman prequel will make it this year.

+============================================================+
Message 14 of 29 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 9, 2013

How derailed threads can get. Haha.  

Beautiful, isn't it?  

I actually forgot about GTA V, that game has some hype steam for sure Pie.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 15 of 29 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

How derailed threads can get. Haha.  

Beautiful, isn't it?  

I actually forgot about GTA V, that game has some hype steam for sure Pie.

lol. It really is beautiful. Lots of games have great soundtrack, but the pravalence of string instruments on this games OST is something i've never encountered in any other games and is very fitting. Neil and others sure did picked the right tracks for this game.

Message 16 of 29 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Apr 9, 2013

sinta0531 wrote:

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

Rockstar makes some pretty good games, but Naughty Dog is taking more of an indie approach with this one and that, if done well, should play in their favor.

GOTY Predictions:

1.- TLOU

2.- GTA V

3.- Bioshock Infinite

Forgot about that game! This year is definitely looking to be the best year of this generation. Also TWD game season 2 is this year! **bleep**.. and also AC4 black flags. So as some ps4 launch games... holy cow this year loaded. It will be crazier if dark souls 2 and batman prequel will make it this year.

TWD S1 was incredibly overrated last year. I have no idea how it managed to win GOTY, with all of it's issues. It got a free pass for being indie...

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 17 of 29 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Apr 9, 2013

rickyEfs_97 wrote:

GOTY Predictions:

1.- TLOU

2.- GTA V

3.- Bioshock Infinite

In what way is Naughty Dog having an approach to leave Sony as one of their first party developers?

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 18 of 29 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 9, 2013

I agree, while the story and characters were amazing, some of the best lately IMO. The gameplay and graphics were way past due. Along, with the plague of glitches and bugs to boot.  

But, I guess it was more of the principle, that a game doesn't have to be all flashy, graphics and lense flare to win GOTY. Sometimes all you need is a good story. Made me cry son.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 19 of 29 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Apr 9, 2013

fadi002 wrote:

TWD S1 was incredibly overrated last year. I have no idea how it managed to win GOTY, with all of it's issues. It got a free pass for being indie...

As much as I love that game, I sorta agree with you. I think being a part of the TWD franchise w/c has incredibly huge fan base helped a lot in making it the GOTY from lots of voters. But then again if you think about its co-nominees.. do you think those are more deserving/better than TWD? I mean for the year 2012 it was the GOTY for most because the other games weren't seen as more deserving to win than TWD (ME3 left lot of people mad lol). If that game came out this year or other years then i think it won't get the number of wins it got from 2012.

With that said TWD story was definitely one of the best i've experienced this gen. Will I like that game like i do now if that was not a part of TWD franchise? Idk, probably yes. Is it my goty that year?? Yep, tied with journey because I don't think its co-nominees were more deserving than those 2.

Message 20 of 29 (149 Views)
0 Likes