Feb 14 2014
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts

Best Game Ever

6 replies 168 views Edited Feb 14, 2014

Really ND, holy **bleep**.  The Last of Us is the best game I've ever freakin played.  The story was amazing and I was worried it'd be nearly impossible for you guys to create anything near as good as that but the Left Behind DLC is absolutely amazing!

I really hope to see more from this IP in the future.... if you could make a good MP mode to go with this SP I feel like I'd never stop playing the last of us games ever.  I really hope TLOU 2 isn't too far off.  

Message 1 of 7 (168 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Re: Best Game Ever

Feb 14, 2014
Ditto. My pick for this gen. A storytelling gem. Make more gems! Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 7 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Feb 15, 2014

The thing that amazes me is they seem to be able to amaze you with not only story but visual effects without having to try so hard.

it seems like a lot of games these days are saying "DUDE PLAY THIS GAME BECAUSE THE LIGHTING LOOKS AWESOME" where as TLOU has always been about the way the story was told.  

Just look at the uncharted series.  Uncharted 1 and 2 had great setpieces but not once did it feel like the story was in place because of the set pieces.  Uncharted 3 rolls around and it's all about set pieces and the story is just everywhere.  Interviews were awkward because they didn't seem like they knew what they wanted to convey...but look!  We can make an entire boat flip upside down!  

TLOU has amazing character models, amazing environments, amazing lighting and everything they do is without trying to push a gimmick.  Infamous second son seems to have only chose the kind of protagonist they did because next gen will be about amazing particle effects... so they chose a character that would have an insanely high amount of particle effects.

I hope they keep this tradition and make a lot more games.  Always make a **bleep** good story, and let the set pieces follow. 

Message 3 of 7 (138 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Goldhawk1 wrote:

The thing that amazes me is they seem to be able to amaze you with not only story but visual effects without having to try so hard.

it seems like a lot of games these days are saying "DUDE PLAY THIS GAME BECAUSE THE LIGHTING LOOKS AWESOME" where as TLOU has always been about the way the story was told.  

Just look at the uncharted series.  Uncharted 1 and 2 had great setpieces but not once did it feel like the story was in place because of the set pieces.  Uncharted 3 rolls around and it's all about set pieces and the story is just everywhere.  Interviews were awkward because they didn't seem like they knew what they wanted to convey...but look!  We can make an entire boat flip upside down!  

TLOU has amazing character models, amazing environments, amazing lighting and everything they do is without trying to push a gimmick.  Infamous second son seems to have only chose the kind of protagonist they did because next gen will be about amazing particle effects... so they chose a character that would have an insanely high amount of particle effects.

I hope they keep this tradition and make a lot more games.  Always make a **bleep** good story, and let the set pieces follow. 

Definately agreed. After playing The Last of Us and experiencing this story, I thought to myself what Uncharted's story really is. I didn't feel there was a story, it was just character development and set pieces. I loved The Last of Us so much, and am playing through Left Behind as I write this, it's been awesome so far.

Message 4 of 7 (121 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

Goldhawk1 wrote:

Definately agreed. After playing The Last of Us and experiencing this story, I thought to myself what Uncharted's story really is. I didn't feel there was a story, it was just character development and set pieces. I loved The Last of Us so much, and am playing through Left Behind as I write this, it's been awesome so far.

left behind is amazing bro.  Hope you enjoy it at least half as much as I did. 

Message 5 of 7 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

Feb 15, 2014

It really is amazing. Never thought I'd enjoy a two hour campaign without fights. Hell even the humans vs infected vs me scenarios were the most enjoyable combat scenes I've ever played. Amazing peice of DLC that was.

Message 6 of 7 (96 Views)
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Yeah ND get what gaming is meant to be about.... when I game I want to be transported away from my boring RL and into a story complete world where I can feel and believe the game experience!  They have created such a rich believeable world with such authentic and realistic charachters that you can't help being drawn into their lives and their plight to survive each day with the infected.   The tension TLOU and LB makes you feel as you move about their incredibly crafted world is an experience I have never felt before in all my years of gaming going back to the early 80's..   

It isn't like any other game, some games try to scare you with hordes of zombies or vague set pieces that most can see a mile away (Think Doom 3)  oh gee another Monster just came out of the wall.......  but TLOU is much more subtle, the whole scene is one of fear and trepidation,  the combat is realistic and brutal and not just gore and hack like all those Zombie games, you can really feel like there is a fight for survival going on, survivors trying to live in a new harsh world!    Left Behind just continues this masterpiece, a short romp back to my favourite 'reality' which answered some questions I had about the original game and perhaps raised some more!     I know one thing for sure, ND just have to keep Ellie and Joel in the series going forward,  we have come to know and love them too much just to have the story move on past them!  What does the future hold for those 2,   you know sometimes I have to pinch myself and realise they arn't actually real people,   that is some serious kudo's to the talented voice and facial acting, but like I said it is just part of the complete package that is TLOU.

Thanks ND you have given this old gamer some of the best gaming experience, can't wait for TLOU 2, I hope you guys are storyboarding like crazy after all the success and awards you have received for TLOU and now Left Behind.

Message 7 of 7 (84 Views)