Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 23 2012
By: BafoPlayer First Son 1 posts

Brazilian request: We want The Last Of Us Dubbed in BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE

9 replies 325 views Edited Dec 23, 2012

English:

We Brazilians players Playstation have a great affection by Naughty Dog and UNCHARTED mainly by game to be dubbed in our language, we wanted the same affection or greater were repeated with THE LAST OF U.S., but that this affection is greater we ask dubbing the game in our language for better understanding of the history of the game for those who do not speak ENGLISH

Signed Brazillians Players.

Brazilians Leave Your Message to Naughty Dog

Message 1 of 10 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Re: Brazilian request: We want The Last Of Us Dubbed in BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE

Dec 23, 2012

How 'bout actually learning English?

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 2 of 10 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8692 posts

Dec 23, 2012
deja vu... Big time

Message 3 of 10 (295 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Dec 24, 2012

It seems to me that you registered on the forums just to post this message. I think it would have made more sense just for you to directly contact them. But anyway, dubbing the game in a language that probably nobody at Naughty Dog speaks will be a lot of work, my friend. You might have to settle in with some Portuguese subtitles. Sorry.

Get your Portable ID!
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Tomb Raider, God of War: Ascension, Grand Theft Auto V, and The Last of Us.
By the way, this signature is very outdated.
Message 4 of 10 (285 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Me as a brazilian would rather have portuguese subtitles (in fact I use english subtitles when playing to learn more english)

Uncharted and the last of us voice recording is not just a studio voice recording, the actors are actually interacting in a set, there is a lot more about it than just voice work, wich makes the acting very very rich.

Uncharted 3 had brazilian voice work, and not only it sounded terrible, but I was forced to play without epic Nolan North voice until a pacth was added to let me change languages.

Anyway, dont do portuguese voicework, even tough brazil haves some of the best voice actors in the whole world the richness of acting gotten with naughty dog's method is totally lost.

Add portuguese subtitles so at least the player learns some englisH playing it.

Message 5 of 10 (269 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 24, 2012

I am from Brazil .I buy a copy of Uncharted 3 and the online pass is expired what can i do ?

Message 6 of 10 (254 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Dec 24, 2012

rilkerkiller wrote:

I am from Brazil .I buy a copy of Uncharted 3 and the online pass is expired what can i do ?

You're in the wrong thread, and board, haha. But I'll try to help you out here. I'm pretty sure online passes don't expire. So you must have bought a copy that was already opened. Go back to where you bought the copy of Uncharted 3 and tell them your problem. Hopefully, they'll replace your copy. :smileyhappy: Anyway, I will now send you to the right board: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/bd-p/24817

Get your Portable ID!
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Tomb Raider, God of War: Ascension, Grand Theft Auto V, and The Last of Us.
By the way, this signature is very outdated.
Message 7 of 10 (248 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Actualy werget, we the brazilians are having copies WITH expired passes, a lot of people who bought new copies are having this trouble.

This is one of the reasons I hate online passes, they always give me a lot of trouble.

Message 8 of 10 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Dec 25, 2012

LOWEST PRIORITY. 

Get the single player straight.  Get the MP straight.  Work on LAG.  Work on balance.  Survival Only Co-Op.  If that stuff gets done properly, then we'll worry about the "Brazilian Dub" for language. 

I'd like to see this be the LAST of NDI's priorities for TLOU. 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Message 9 of 10 (202 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

stentryk wrote:

How 'bout actually learning English?

The problem is that every country has a different educational/cultural background. There is a reason about why certain countries have a tradition to dub everything (movies/tv series/video games). Not just Brazil, but also countries like Germany and France. Sony isn't doing them a favour; it's a way to increase their profits.

Globalization is cool and all, but we are at least 100 years away from the "one global government/currency/language/culture" vision.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 10 of 10 (153 Views)