Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 22 2013
By: Robsonmonkey Lombax Warrior 189 posts

Bring The Last Of Us Post Pandemic Edition to EUROPE!

51 replies 787 views Edited Jan 22, 2013

Come on my European friends, you know you want it....now tell NaughtyDog that

We need to get this thread going so they know theres a load of us ND fans who would give them our money. I know people will just go straight to the "Just import it" card but it costs a fortune to import, especialy something as big as this, then theres the risk of it getting damaged so thats out of the question.

So can we see if us, as a community, can get them to send some copies to the UK/Europe. 

Can I get a Hell Yeah please

Oh and my fellow Americans your help would be appreciated, if the shoe was on the other foot you know we would want you to have the same, however since Europe is usualy the one to get treat like crap it hardly happens, so can you please help so we can all enjoy the edition.

Come on guys we can do it

Message 1 of 52 (787 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Re: Bring The Last Of Us Post Pandemic Edition to EUROPE!

Jan 22, 2013

I would probably say it's too late to change anything at this point, dude :smileysad:

Message 2 of 52 (783 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8721 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Exclusivity is the name of the game here. Gamestop has their own exclusive while GAME has their own. Money is the controller in this battle and unless you can get that controller, words mean nothing, metaphorically speaking. (I've been reading too much Shakespeare)

Message 3 of 52 (769 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Jan 22, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

I would probably say it's too late to change anything at this point, dude :smileysad:

You don't know unless you try

Besides it's out in May....the game hasn't even went gold yet

Theres probably still time

Message 4 of 52 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Jan 22, 2013

I'll chip into this, I feel bad for anyone who wants this in the UK but can't get it. Maybe you could just get it delivered from one of the fellow posters or just hope you could get one in good condition online. I'd imagine someone would be selling it off of Amazon.

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 5 of 52 (765 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Jan 22, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Exclusivity is the name of the game here. Gamestop has their own exclusive while GAME has their own. Money is the controller in this battle and unless you can get that controller, words mean nothing, metaphorically speaking. (I've been reading too much Shakespeare)

Yeah but the US has two editions....we have one which is in two differn't variations, Joel or Ellie.

They could give the true Collectors edition to Amazon, Play.com, Zavvi

Message 6 of 52 (762 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Jan 22, 2013
You realise Naughty Dog has nothing to do with the marketing of the game right? It's the publisher- SCEE who does this kind of stuff. So you need to contact them. Personally though, I don't know why people get so worked up about collector's editions.
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 7 of 52 (756 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Robsonmonkey wrote:

calcunnon wrote:

You don't know unless you try

Besides it's out in May....the game hasn't even went gold yet

Theres probably still time

Hmm I doubt it. They will have already set aside their budgets for manufacturing each of the collectors items (statues, variant cover comics, etc) and have placed the orders for their production. I wouldn't be surprised if the items have actually all already been manufactured. To top it all off, they're very unlikely to alter the marketing strategy they have only just announced. It'll cost them a mint.

Message 8 of 52 (755 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8721 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Robsonmonkey wrote:

We need to get this thread going so they know theres a load of us ND fans who would give them our money. I know people will just go straight to the "Just import it" card but it costs a fortune to import, especialy something as big as this, then theres the risk of it getting damaged so thats out of the question.

So can we see if us, as a community, can get them to send some copies to the UK/Europe. 

Oh and my fellow Americans your help would be appreciated, if the shoe was on the other foot you know we would want you to have the same, however since Europe is usualy the one to get treat like crap it hardly happens, so can you please help so we can all enjoy the edition.

I think this tweet will interest you...

Each territory decides what they want to pack into their collector's edition.We (@naughtydog) made sure every item met our high standard.

— Neil Druckmann (@Neil_Druckmann) January 22, 2013

Message 9 of 52 (742 Views)
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Jan 22, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Robsonmonkey wrote:

I think this tweet will interest you...

Each territory decides what they want to pack into their collector's edition.We (@naughtydog) made sure every item met our high standard.

— Neil Druckmann (@Neil_Druckmann) January 22, 2013

Good find....BUT

"We (@naughtydog) made sure every item met our high standard."

So tell them it's not high standard and you don't like what they've put into that regions collectors edition. It is their game after all they must have some say.

Message 10 of 52 (736 Views)
0 Likes