Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2179 posts

Re: Bugs, problems. weird things happening? PM me!

Jun 14, 2013

I'll just leave this here.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 687 (4,164 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

thanks for the nice welcome everyone:smileyhappy: good to see some familiar faces!

I need to get my mod status reactivated and then I will start sticky'ing some posts and moving some around. I'll be staying in touch with everyone regularly to see how things go and discuss how awesome TLOU is.

EDIT: answered all my PMs. I'm going to go back to my TLOU survivor playthrough but I'll back later in the evening to see if any issues came up.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 687 (4,141 Views)
Fender Bender
2600 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Zod, I've been experiencing some weird things in my playthrough of The Last of Us. It was a new copy of the game, but there already was a save file titled Ben when I loaded the game in, which was very troubling. The game seemed to behave normally, but everyone was calling Joel Ben in the cutscenes and gameplay. I deleted the file, only to have a message to pop up which read in Nolan North's voice that I shouldn't have done that.

Now there's this weird Joel and Ellie statue that keeps following me no matter where I go in the game by materializing right behind them and there are no more Infected or Hunters to fight. I keep seeings messages such as 'You shouldn't have done that.' and 'You've met a terrible fate, haven't you?' in gameplay. Joel and Ellie both keep randomly dying as well, through flames of all things possible.

What do you think is happening?

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 687 (4,079 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 14, 2013

MOS

Superman will always defeat Zod.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 687 (4,065 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Hi! The Last of Us is my first Naughty Dog game, and I'm totally sold, you guys rule, I picked up Uncharted 1 to catch up, but I'm having a massive problem with TLoU.

Randomly (it could be half an hour, 5 minutes, once I was in game for less time than the loading screen) my PS3 crashes hard. It beeps 3 times, the screen cuts to no input mode, and the power light on the PS3 flashes red til I hit it, then it goes solid(not the yellow light of death, thank god, but it's close to mind given the age of my console). No warning, no lag in-game, nothing. It may be a coinicidence, but it never SEEMS to happen during a cutscene, only during game play. When I power it back up it reports that it wasn't shut down properly, scans the file system, and away we go, rinse and repeat.

I'm running an old, old PS3, fat, 60GB (the ones that were backwards compatable until a few years ago), I'm in Australia, using an EU region disc (picked it up at my local EB) running the 4.41 PS3 firmware that came on the game disc, the 1.01 TLoU patch...

I booted into safe mode and manually rekerjiggered the file system in the hope it would fix it, but it's getting me nowhere. Help me, Obi-Wan, you're my only hope!

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 687 (4,054 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2600 posts

Jun 14, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

MOS

Superman will always defeat Zod.

What if Superman is Zod?

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 687 (4,021 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Zod, I've been experiencing some weird things in my playthrough of The Last of Us. It was a new copy of the game, but there already was a save file titled Ben when I loaded the game in, which was very troubling. The game seemed to behave normally, but everyone was calling Joel Ben in the cutscenes and gameplay. I deleted the file, only to have a message to pop up which read in Nolan North's voice that I shouldn't have done that.

Now there's this weird Joel and Ellie statue that keeps following me no matter where I go in the game by materializing right behind them and there are no more Infected or Hunters to fight. I keep seeings messages such as 'You shouldn't have done that.' and 'You've met a terrible fate, haven't you?' in gameplay. Joel and Ellie both keep randomly dying as well, through flames of all things possible.

What do you think is happening?

lol.jpg

.EyeCue86 wrote:

MOS

Superman will always defeat kneel before Zod.

ChloChloChanel wrote:

Hi! The Last of Us is my first Naughty Dog game, and I'm totally sold, you guys rule, I picked up Uncharted 1 to catch up, but I'm having a massive problem with TLoU.

Randomly (it could be half an hour, 5 minutes, once I was in game for less time than the loading screen) my PS3 crashes hard. It beeps 3 times, the screen cuts to no input mode, and the power light on the PS3 flashes red til I hit it, then it goes solid(not the yellow light of death, thank god, but it's close to mind given the age of my console). No warning, no lag in-game, nothing. It may be a coinicidence, but it never SEEMS to happen during a cutscene, only during game play. When I power it back up it reports that it wasn't shut down properly, scans the file system, and away we go, rinse and repeat.

I'm running an old, old PS3, fat, 60GB (the ones that were backwards compatable until a few years ago), I'm in Australia, using an EU region disc (picked it up at my local EB) running the 4.41 PS3 firmware that came on the game disc, the 1.01 TLoU patch...

I booted into safe mode and manually rekerjiggered the file system in the hope it would fix it, but it's getting me nowhere. Help me, Obi-Wan, you're my only hope!

Thanks Chlo! Unfortunately it sounds like your system is overheating and shutting down. Certain games (especially first party games) that tax the PS3 for prolonged periods of time will cause that to happen. The fact that it seems to happen only during gameplay makes sense, since that is when everything is being streamed and cached. There might be some home remedies to help aged systems, but I cant recommend any specifically. But I'll also bring it up around the office and see what I can find out.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 687 (4,016 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jun 14, 2013

So is there any news about the installer for those of us in the US?

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 687 (4,000 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

Thanks Zod, I was hoping that wasn't it, but it mostly makes sense. I didn't even make it through the prologue before it happened the first time, though, so it overheats pretty **bleep** quickly, and I've never had issues with any other games, but TLoU is a cut above, so... I'll gut my console soon and get some new thermal paste into it, see if that helps.

Edited for clarity.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 687 (3,999 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

Jun 14, 2013
can you delete that and PM it to me please, along with what language you were playing in. Thanks!
Beheshti wrote:
SPOILERS SPOILERS

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 687 (3,864 Views)
0 Likes