Apr 06 2013
By: ABDI-75 Lombax Warrior 87 posts
Accepted Solution

Bullets

[ Edited ]
11 replies 304 views Edited Apr 6, 2013

Hello everyone !!

I've been waiting for TLOU for like forever. And I can't wait to play it !!!

I've noticed something though; why are the infected dropping bullets when killed?

Also, it seems that bullets are no longer like the E3 demo we saw (when Joel picks the gun and takes the bullets from it.Now, they are like boxes when the ennemis are killed)

That's it. 

sorry for my bad english.

Message 1 of 12 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Re: Bullets

Apr 6, 2013
Well I think even though its strange, they drop bullets so u can make it through the level lol. Now I have two theories regarding the change in the bullet pick up animation. The first is that they just changed it to a swift pick up to keep up the pace of the game. Or you only pick up ammo from guns when survivors have them.
Message 2 of 12 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Apr 6, 2013

Thanks for the quick response.

I hope infected won't drop bullets in the final version of the game.

Message 3 of 12 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 6, 2013
It could be the difficulty setting, or the fact that ND wanted to make it "easier" for those playing the demo.

Or it could relate to the setting of the game. Those clickers and infected could of been survivors at some point and still have ammo on their person.

Who knows.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 4 of 12 (277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Apr 6, 2013
The infected are still people... They probably died with bullets on them.
Message 5 of 12 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Apr 6, 2013

isn't it obvious why some inficted drop ammo? they used to be humans with guns aswell you know..

it's natural for some of them to have ammo with them.

and yeah, it maked me sad when game designers show off at E3 just to take away all the stuff we liked.

Message 6 of 12 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Apr 6, 2013
I think ND said somewhere that the ammo is still scarce, so seeing bullets every time you kill an enemy might not occur once the game releases. They just put that in for the demo.

I'll go search for a link.
[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Message 7 of 12 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11456 posts

Apr 6, 2013

ABDI-75 wrote:

Hello everyone !!

I've noticed something though; why are the infected dropping bullets when killed?

Also, it seems that bullets are no longer like the E3 demo we saw (when Joel picks the gun and takes the bullets from it.Now, they are like boxes when the ennemis are killed)

That's it. 

That's because the Infected don't have guns, only bullets. If Joel has a empty revolver and he defeats someone that had a revolver, Joel will pick up the new revolver.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 8 of 12 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Apr 7, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

ABDI-75 wrote:

Hello everyone !!

That's it. 

That's because the Infected don't have guns, only bullets. If Joel has a empty revolver and he defeats someone that had a revolver, Joel will pick up the new revolver.

^Exactly. It wouldn't make sense for the emptying out bullets animation to play every time Joel got ammo since not every enemy is going to have a gun to get ammo from lol.

Message 9 of 12 (206 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
787 posts

Apr 7, 2013

I'd say it's because of the risk factor and the player determining whether or not it's worth it. I'm assuming through each section we keep all of our ammunition so in segments like this we can either take the risk of fighting or leave them and go on but with limited ammo.

I think Joel's pick-up animation was different because in the first one we saw he removed the rounds from an actual revolver but in the others they're just the rounds themselves so no complex animation is neccessary. - The shotgun lying there probably belonged to one of the previously non-infected people.

Message 10 of 12 (195 Views)
0 Likes