Jul 24 2013
By: JOCKSnJAZZ Splicer 56 posts

CO-OP DLC PONTIFICATIONS

11 replies 663 views Edited Jul 24, 2013

How do you think ND are going to handle the co-op DLC? Will it be a mini-series of short campaigns? Will we be playing as story characters or generic survivors? Will it be two player or four player max? Will it be online only, offline with splitscreen or both? Will they create new infected types? So many questions! 

Needless to say I am excited about the prospects of playing TLOU cooperatively as this type of game screams for a good co-op experience. 

Please discuss. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (663 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

Re: CO-OP DLC PONTIFICATIONS

Jul 24, 2013

I think they are going to make a robust co-op mode like horde in Gears.  It'll probably put you, and a few teammates in a level with waves and waves of infected trying to kill you. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (612 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jul 25, 2013
I've always wanted a mode similar to co-op adventure from the Uncharted series. I honestly think that small co-op missions like those would be absolutely perfect for this game. Although I think a traditional horde mode will have a longer lasting appeal. After all there were very few co-op adventure missions in previous Uncharted games so playing one or two missions over and over would get boring fast.

I'm not getting my hopes up for any form of co-op DLC until they announce something.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (557 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2013

Eh don't like that kind of over used style. Why not explore a beautiful map where you can take different routes, climb things, find scattered equipment to craft items to defend yourselves, players get caught by traps, of course while being encountered by the infected, unexpected or not. Going to the desired destination and using different methods to survive for you and your teammates together. Put us in tough situations,  so it won't be boring :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (515 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Jul 25, 2013

I doubt the Co-Op is going to be Co-Op campaign adventures because that seems too time consuming to create.  

I'm guessing the new maps will be the first piece of DLC.

Then Co-Op will be on the those maps.  My guess is it will be a horde mode similar to UC3.  You start off the round gathering up supplies before hordes of infected swarm in.  If you make it through the round, you have limited time to go hunting for more supplies from supply boxes.  Maybe it will contain both a mix of infected one round and humans the next round.

This makes sense to me and seems doable.  Co-Op adventure seems like a stretch.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1615 posts

Jul 25, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

I doubt the Co-Op is going to be Co-Op campaign adventures because that seems too time consuming to create.  

I'm guessing the new maps will be the first piece of DLC.

Then Co-Op will be on the those maps.  My guess is it will be a horde mode similar to UC3.  You start off the round gathering up supplies before hordes of infected swarm in.  If you make it through the round, you have limited time to go hunting for more supplies from supply boxes.  Maybe it will contain both a mix of infected one round and humans the next round.

This makes sense to me and seems doable.  Co-Op adventure seems like a stretch.

Never assume it's too time consuming. If they were to make a co-op campaign, it would most likely be on the shipped, and DLC MP maps.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I'd be very surprised if Joel, Ellie, Tess, Henry, Bill made a return for Co-Op adventure.  I think a Co-Op horde mode would give the most replay value.  

That would be sweet if the DLC had both, but unfortunately it most likely won't

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I hope it's a horde mode. That'd be awesome. 

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I would personally like to see all the factions used and not only the infected.I tend to think it would more likely be 'just' another horde mode if that were the case.A persistant custom character with perma death would be nice to with some kind of legacy system for when they pop.Stockpile surplus supplies outside of the game to make things easier for the team that sortve thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (365 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Both Keyarch and oneshotwook have good ideas for implementation. If it's going to be a horde mode then I think the mini-open world approach to level design would work best. There should be objectives on top of just survival, even if it is just the meta-game of gathering enough supplies to craft enough weapons/health kits to make it through the next round. And it would also spice things up if they added more than one enemy faction. Personally, I would love a coop objective of escaping a Hunter stronghold while it's being invaded with infected. You can even have stuff to move and hoist eachother to get past certain areas but have to worry about engaging enemies at the same time- would make completing objectives much more tense. 

I would prefer this open world approach were you have the freedom of choice to implement strategy for survival (like barracading yourself off vs. making a mad dash accross the map) to something like a linear path with smaller open areas to fend off mini-hordes. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (338 Views)
0 Likes