Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Re: Campaign is BROKE AS FK, you patch a phone # ???

Jun 29, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

I see where you are coming from. Yes they should have fixed some of the serious issues in the game than just a cell phone number that doesn't harm anything nor anybody. But none of those issues are game breaking. But again I am still disappointed that they didn't fix the sound glitches, the AI glitches, and other tones of technical glitches, but they had the time to fix a cell phone number.

It was a sex hotline. They could've been blamed for people who thought it'd be funny to call the number, find out it's a sex hotline and then get caught calling a sex hotline and punished(whatever the punishment may be). 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 11 of 19 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4328 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

I had ZERO audio issues with the game and I played with subtitles on. The only time you can't hear what they're saying and yet read it with subtitles is when you are too far from the audio source. Be thankful you didn't miss out on that particular dialogue because you had the subtitles on.

There are a couple of subtitle to dialogue inconsistencies where the subtitles will say something different than the dialogue but I expect that has something to do with a little ad libbing or last minute changes during the acting and the subtitles come directly from the script.

Photobucket
Message 12 of 19 (132 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Bashilir wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

I see where you are coming from. Yes they should have fixed some of the serious issues in the game than just a cell phone number that doesn't harm anything nor anybody. But none of those issues are game breaking. But again I am still disappointed that they didn't fix the sound glitches, the AI glitches, and other tones of technical glitches, but they had the time to fix a cell phone number.

It was a sex hotline. They could've been blamed for people who thought it'd be funny to call the number, find out it's a sex hotline and then get caught calling a sex hotline and punished(whatever the punishment may be). 

I got it. I am not saying they shouldn't fix that. But what I am trying to say is if they have the time to fix that why can't they fix the major issues?

Message 13 of 19 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2121 posts

Jun 29, 2013

TomatoDragon wrote:
There's nothing broke about the campaign. Some minor glitches, but nothing that breaks it. Try adjusting your dynamic range for the audio issue.

Does an entire section of the map not loading a "minor" issue. If so, there are plenty of "minor" issues in this game.

Message 14 of 19 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3249 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013
^That never happened to me, and have never heard of it happening before. I seriously doubt the game would have received the almost universal praise that it has gotten if it was broken.

Message 15 of 19 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 29, 2013
I beat the game the first time without encountering a single glitch besides trophies not popping at the end.

After four playthroughs... still no glitches. I dunno what's going on.
Message 16 of 19 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jun 30, 2013
Everyone's copy of a game is different. Some Copies may be riddled with lots of glitches, others like me for instance havent gotten a singly one. I'm not saying the OP's issues arent' legitimate, but when he visits he forums being rude and hateful without so much as a coherent thought out list of problems it gets old, and so does the mentality that every single little issue can be fixed with a magic wand. Guess what? It can't. You can only do your best to fix as many problems as you can. They should at least be commended for putting out a patch so soon that fixes some of the most nagging problems with the mp. I'm sure the single player fixes will come in time.
Message 17 of 19 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jun 30, 2013

chrispy365 wrote:
I'm assuming you're one of those people who think a game can be patched overnight. Cause if these are problems with the game and not just your end they are probably working on a patch right now that will take a little bit of time to make sure they can get rid of most of the big glitches in the game.

Games can be pathced overnight.

24 hours is more than enough time to write/edit/delete code

Message 18 of 19 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
564 posts

Jun 30, 2013

I've not experienced any manner of glitches, except for some bodies bouncing in the game. I also received the trophies for completing the end of game, plus the NG+ trophy. 

To say: If the game was "broke as fk" for everyone, it wouldn't have lead to... what was it? 70 10/10 scores out of 130 or whatever. Of course, Naughty Dog probably listens to us like ninjas, but they need to know if it's just for a few persons or the entire gaming community that experience a glitch. The phone number was in every copy, thus it was good to be fixed.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 19 of 19 (50 Views)
0 Likes