Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 27 2013
By: Da-Hedgie Uncharted Territory 1977 posts

Can TLoU's MP be less... Goofy?

22 replies 412 views Edited Apr 27, 2013

The Last of Us is a very story driven, emotional based games that focuses heavily on the characters and the atmosphere, and because of that, I would hate to see the game's MP turn into something wacky and silly like that of Uncharted 3's MP, where talking pink skeletons and flaming raptor mask wearing Drakes run amok. Now don't get me wrong, I love customization, and I hope TLoU has a vast improved customization system.

All I am asking is; Please keep it within the context of the game's universe.

Message 1 of 23 (412 Views)
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: Can TLoU's MP be less... Goofy?

Apr 27, 2013

From what I've seen in the pastebin strings, it will be less.... goofy. More focused on teamwork and objectives. I pretty sure it will be more serious/focused I guess, but for sure it will fit into the TLoU universe. No jumping off rooftops and falling 100 ft. taking no damage, but a punch almost kills you stuff.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 2 of 23 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9064 posts

Apr 27, 2013
^I think he means customization

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 3 of 23 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 27, 2013

I completley skipped that sentence. Well, yeah still the same point. I'm sure customization will be less goofy. I hope. Don't want Joel in a tutu and Ellie wearing a viking helmet either.

Message 4 of 23 (396 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1977 posts

Apr 27, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
^I think he means customization

*she

But yes, starting a match in MP and seeing a bunch of skeletal remains of Charles Darwin running around would not be my idea of how the game's MP should be like.

Message 5 of 23 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 27, 2013

I wouldn't mind a couuple infected variants of some characters. That's the customization I'd like.   

But yeah, random wizard hats and what not would disturb the atmosphere in the MP.

Message 6 of 23 (388 Views)
Naughty Host
9064 posts

Apr 27, 2013
^I think even having infected variants in non-infected playlists would ruin it. My take.

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 7 of 23 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Yeah, I mean they've been setting this serious tone, I'm going to be disappointed if the mp will consist of a bunch of bunny hopping bandits wearing top hats.

Message 8 of 23 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 27, 2013
I assume they'll only give an option of dirty ripped up clothes in such. I hope they don't add those goofy clothes like dressing as Radec
Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 9 of 23 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1977 posts

Apr 27, 2013

CyborgHippo wrote:
I assume they'll only give an option of dirty ripped up clothes in such. I hope they don't add those goofy clothes like dressing as Radec

I wouldn't mind seeing SWAT, military or HAZMAT scientist uniforms(like in the trailer). Those would fit the universe and be cool. But yeah, having infected parts appear on non-infected characters seems like would break the flow.

Instead, I would like three models to customize, namely the survivors, the bandits, and the infected.

Message 10 of 23 (348 Views)
0 Likes