Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Jun 16 2013
By: dh0rmazine Fender Bender 2562 posts
Offline

Can a fellow survivor give me a few tips here? (SPOILERS)

5 replies 157 views Edited Jun 16, 2013

Alright, so here's the situation. I'm playing on SURVIVOR difficulty which has been kicking my a s s this entire time - but I've been able to manage until this part. I'm in Pittburgh Hunter City, right after the basement area - at the part where l33t pr0 sniper ellie is overlooking the area and I'm on the ground taking everyone out.

 

My supplies:

 

Nothing to craft

3 shells in my shotgun

1 bullet in my revolver

Extremely low health - no medic kit

 

That's all I have, and I can manage to stealth take down at least 3 enemies before I'm inevitably spotted - this is when I die! I can't make it past this, any tips would be greatly appreciated! I might just be approaching this all wrong.

Message 1 of 6 (157 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/14/2013
Offline
428 posts
 

Re: Can a fellow survivor give me a few tips here? (SPOILERS)

Jun 16, 2013
Does shot gun kill in one shot on survival mode?
TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 2 of 6 (150 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
13526 posts
 

Re: Can a fellow survivor give me a few tips here? (SPOILERS)

Jun 16, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

Alright, so here's the situation. I'm playing on SURVIVOR difficulty which has been kicking my a s s this entire time - but I've been able to manage until this part. I'm in Pittburgh Hunter City, right after the basement area - at the part where l33t pr0 sniper ellie is overlooking the area and I'm on the ground taking everyone out.

 

My supplies:

 

Nothing to craft

3 shells in my shotgun

1 bullet in my revolver

Extremely low health - no medic kit

 

That's all I have, and I can manage to stealth take down at least 3 enemies before I'm inevitably spotted - this is when I die! I can't make it past this, any tips would be greatly appreciated! I might just be approaching this all wrong.


Youtube Stealth guides? If there is one.

 

I kept getting spotted there too. . If you run away for long enough though you can regroup and they will lose you.. Easier said than done though. especially on low health.



Message 3 of 6 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/15/2012
Offline
2562 posts
 

Re: Can a fellow survivor give me a few tips here? (SPOILERS)

Jun 16, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

Alright, so here's the situation. I'm playing on SURVIVOR difficulty which has been kicking my a s s this entire time - but I've been able to manage until this part. I'm in Pittburgh Hunter City, right after the basement area - at the part where l33t pr0 sniper ellie is overlooking the area and I'm on the ground taking everyone out.

 

My supplies:

 

Nothing to craft

3 shells in my shotgun

1 bullet in my revolver

Extremely low health - no medic kit

 

That's all I have, and I can manage to stealth take down at least 3 enemies before I'm inevitably spotted - this is when I die! I can't make it past this, any tips would be greatly appreciated! I might just be approaching this all wrong.


Youtube Stealth guides? If there is one.

 

I kept getting spotted there too. . If you run away for long enough though you can regroup and they will lose you.. Easier said than done though. especially on low health.


I've looked, and everything on youtube currently is stuff I already know. The reason I have pretty much no supplies is because I stayed to fight the bloater and stalkers in the basement :smileysad: I shouldn't have done that.

 

That's the issue, is my low health. one shot and I'm dead. The game has been nice though and started giving me a medic kit when I respawn (lol, am I really doing that bad) but it's still such a pain.

 


Cimbom19855 wrote:
Does shot gun kill in one shot on survival mode?

If it's a well placed shot, yeah. But you need to be pretty much point blank or else it's goijng to take 2 shots, and if the enemy is armored, it can take more. Urgh. Also the area I'm at is pretty wide open the shotgun is not very useful. Better to just stealth around but I can't seem to stay hidden.

 

 

Message 4 of 6 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 06/14/2013
Offline
428 posts
 

Re: Can a fellow survivor give me a few tips here? (SPOILERS)

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

There are quite a few enemies inside that building too. You going to have an tough time.

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 5 of 6 (128 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/15/2012
Offline
2562 posts
 

Re: Can a fellow survivor give me a few tips here? (SPOILERS)

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

The game is now saving checkpoints after I kill each enemy... Alright, I should be able to get this now... even though this is extremely depressing that I'm doing this bad. Oh god.

 

EDIT: I found an awesome strategy for anyone stuck on this part. Right when you drop down to street level, go to the first shop on your right, one guy will be in the coffee stand, take him out. One more will head up stairs, take him out too. Silently. Then exit the back upstairs window on to the fire escape, and cross the plank to the next building ledge, follow the ledge - it will take you all the way behind enemy lines. Taking out the entire area silenty is no longer an issue.

Message 6 of 6 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes