Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 30 2013
By: cvbxsta Hekseville Citizen 268 posts

Can't decide what to get: The Last of Us or Splinter Cell Blacklist

45 replies 736 views Edited May 30, 2013

Naughty Dog is one of my favorite developers. And I love post apocalyptic fiction. The grittier and bleaker the better, and zombies are just an icing.

So of course I'm insanely hyped for TLOU. But I'm in college, with limited money to spend, and only plan on buying one new game this summer. I'm also a huge fan of the stealth genre and the Splinter Cell looks an amazing return to form for the series. Plus split screen coop and spies vs mercs multiplayer

SC probably has more replay value due to the more open levels, three distinct playstyles plus loadouts, and split screen I can play with my brother. But TLOU looks like it has an incredibly mature, emotional, and dark story with awesome AI, the option to be stealthy or aggressive, "zombies" that are actually dangerous and scary, and some of the most intense combat I've ever witnessed. That E3 demo was more intense than any game or set piece I've played in the last year. and it was just Joel fighting like six guys. And my bro wants me to get TLOU more than SC.

So I'm having a hard time decided between the two. I'm definitely going to wait for reviews, but any thoughts or opinions?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 46 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8517 posts

Re: Can't decide what to get: The Last of Us or Splinter Cell Blacklist

May 30, 2013
You're asking here?

NASWIPP.png

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 46 (733 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

May 30, 2013
Yeah. Maybe not the best place, huh?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 46 (721 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

May 30, 2013

I'd say get Splinter Ce- HAH JUST KIDDING THE LAST OF US FOR THE WIN!!!!

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 46 (720 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 30, 2013

Wait for the GOTY, GTA V...

But TLOU will obviously be the better SP game while SC will be better MP wise so decide which is more enjoyable for you.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 46 (715 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

May 30, 2013
Your sig gets me every time!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 46 (711 Views)
Fender Bender
3354 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:

Naughty Dog is one of my favorite developers. And I love post apocalyptic fiction. The grittier and bleaker the better, and zombies are just an icing.

So of course I'm insanely hyped for TLOU. But I'm in college, with limited money to spend, and only plan on buying one new game this summer. I'm also a huge fan of the stealth genre and the Splinter Cell looks an amazing return to form for the series. Plus split screen coop and spies vs mercs multiplayer

SC probably has more replay value due to the more open levels, three distinct playstyles plus loadouts, and split screen I can play with my brother. But TLOU looks like it has an incredibly mature, emotional, and dark story with awesome AI, the option to be stealthy or aggressive, "zombies" that are actually dangerous and scary, and some of the most intense combat I've ever witnessed. That E3 demo was more intense than any game or set piece I've played in the last year. and it was just Joel fighting like six guys. And my bro wants me to get TLOU more than SC.

So I'm having a hard time decided between the two. I'm definitely going to wait for reviews, but any thoughts or opinions?

Go with Splinter Cell, then wait for The Last of Us GOTY edition with all the DLC included for less than 60 bucks, probably coming early next year.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 46 (686 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
344 posts

May 30, 2013

Buy the game depending on what genre you prefer then once you've played it as much as u can be arsed sell it and buy the other, personally i LOVE the SC Series but its dwindled recently and with TLOU being a new IP offering more "freshness" thats the route im taking.

sub sig

sig url -

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 46 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
469 posts

May 30, 2013

I'm buying both games but i'm way more excited about TLOU, it's up to you...

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 46 (667 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 30, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Go with Splinter Cell, then wait for The Last of Us GOTY edition with all the DLC included for less than 60 bucks, probably coming early next year.

This makes a lot of sense OP. If you can only get one, go with Splinter Cell. ND always releases a cheaper version of the game that includes all the DLC.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 46 (658 Views)
0 Likes