May 09 2014
By: AssassinHawkins First Son 9 posts

Can't load game to main menu. Before or after patch.

2 replies 187 views Edited May 9, 2014
Okay, so my friend's PS3 isn't wanting to load The Last of Us at all. It was doing this last week to, so it isn't the 1.07 patches fault. I've been trying to fix it and nothing works. And before anybody says "it's the disk/something's wrong with that copy of the game/the disk is scratched/smudged" NO it isn't. His copy of TLOU works in my PS3 (slim) and my copy of the game doesn't work in his PS3 (super slim). Both copies work in mine, neither work in his.

When starting the game while connected to the internet, it obviously prompts me to download the latest patch. After waiting 30 seconds to make sure the PS3 is ready (like most people say to do when downloading a patch) I press OK, the screen says "Please wait", and after a few seconds the PS3 beeps and restarts.

When starting the game while disconnect from the internet, it goes to the initial black screen with "The Last of Us" logo in the bottom corner and just stays there FOREVER. Doesn't even make it to the ND logo or safety warnings. Just a black screen with the logo in the corner. It isn't frozen, the logo blurs in and out and the XMB menu is accessible. It just doesn't load. When trying to quit the game through XMB, the PS3 beeps 3 times and restarts.

I've tried deleting all TLOU save files, deleted the previous patches and all associated utility save data, tried rebuilding the OS database, tried restoring corrupt system files, tried restore default settings, tried everything short of a full system format.

And the weird thing is that it didn't always do this. He's beaten the game twice and we used to play online all the time. It just started doing this last week.

Does ANYBODY know a fix for this? The only thing left is a full system restore, but I have a feeling it won't work. And I really don't want to wipe his PS3.
Message 1 of 3 (187 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: Can't load game to main menu. Before or after patch.

May 9, 2014
Well, I just did a full system format (which took 16 hours) and it STILL won't load to the main menu!

This wouldn't be so troubling if it didn't used to work. Like I said, he's beaten the game twice and played multiplayer on the same PS3, but now it won't even go to the main menu! What gives?!
Message 2 of 3 (144 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Can't load game to main menu. Before or after patch.

May 13, 2014

im having the same exact issue. It was happening JUST before the patch so it couldnt have been that for me. The only solution i found was to delete all the Game data utility and the latest patch re install it. but the only thing is, I'd have to re-download EVERYTHING. Hats, masks, guns, maps...its become such a tedious process just to play a couple of roudns of survivors.. 

PLEASE HELP!

Message 3 of 3 (71 Views)
0 Likes