Jul 27 2013
By: GaaZai First Son 19 posts

Can we have an alternative story mode?

7 replies 266 views Edited Jul 27, 2013

So that we can save Tess, Henry and Sam, and continue the adventure all together.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (266 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Re: Can we have an alternative story mode?

Jul 27, 2013

They are trying to tell a story. So no you/we can't. The game itself dictates the story not the player.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jul 27, 2013

It would take a lot of resources and time and things to do it as well as the original story, so no. Also non-canon (not following the real story) story would be meh, considering The Last of Us had a perfect story which could easily be ruined with a non-canon story.

I suggest that they'd focus on sequel if they were intending to do one, or the story DLC.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Jul 27, 2013

What helps makes characters like Tess and Henry so compelling, and desired to be around still, is the fact that they are gone.  Death is a mechanic in storytelling that triggers a response of affection toward characters that may have otherwise not have received such admiration.  I liked Tess, don't get me wrong, but I know that I would not have wanted her along for the entire journey, if I am honest with myself and concentrate on the time she was still alive.  Still, when I think about her now being dead, and Joel and Ellie both being upset by this, it makes me wish she could be heard from again.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Um... No.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (196 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jul 27, 2013

What does the alternative story mode mean is giving a freedom to players to play the story mode again and again.

Players would like to play the story mode in co-operation with friends using different characters.

However, the origianl story restrict this kind of co-op elements.

As we completed the game once, we all knew about the original story, it won't be changed.

Therefore, the main concern should be the resources for modifying something like cutscene movies, events etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Jul 27, 2013

No,.. but we can have a sequel :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1610 posts

Jul 27, 2013
I never really cared for Henry, or Sam. I found them to be quite annoying after a while. But that's what DLC is for, singleplayer DLC is rumored to hit around August-October.
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (165 Views)
0 Likes