Highlighted
Jun 03 2013
By: thefisrtofus Sackboy 480 posts

Changes Noticed in the demo

18 replies 523 views Edited Jun 3, 2013
Well first I noticed.. we no longer pick up the gun. We rather load each bullet.
I guess its a good change. For the fact that we while running can pick up ammo..it just slows down for a sec..
And loading happens while running is also good. As u need to be quick when u mess up a infected situation.
I want it to be realistic. But not at the cost of gameplay. I dont want it to be irritating.

And they also implemented chargeable torch rather than collect batteries for it
The aiming riticule seems the same...
I just noted some dots around it sometimes while shooting. Don't know what that's for..

Any other change u noticed...?

P.S. Melee looks classy. Joel feels tighter. Atmosphere was tensed. But was bot frightening.
Message 1 of 19 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: Changes Noticed in the demo

Jun 3, 2013

Some changes I noticed, compared to E3:

- Cover seems less 'sticky'. In the E3 demo you can see Joel push his back up against cover fast and hard, almost like they pressed a button to make him go into it. I couldn't get him to attach to cover like that in the demo; instead I had to stand next to a wall and Joel would eventually put his back to it and enter cover.

- You can no longer sprint while crouching. According to a thread a while back, crouch speed is now contextual, and Joel moves faster when spotted. Still, I preferred the E3 method  Smiley Sad   It looked very fluid crouch-sprinting between cover.

- Punches are thrown much faster

Message 2 of 19 (497 Views)
Sackboy
480 posts

Jun 3, 2013
I also was looking to crouch run.... I liked that thing....
Forgot to mention it
Message 3 of 19 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 3, 2013
I wondered why the flashlight was so "cheap" (shake briefly to recharge)... were batteries required in an earlier build?

I honestly would have preferred that; post apocalypse games need to focus on resource management, IMO.

Would be awesome if flashlights needed batteries (to be found) on Survivor difficulty or something!!!
Message 4 of 19 (381 Views)
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Batteries are still collected, the shaking is to temporarily charge it. They're called electromagnetic lights in real life.

sig.png

Message 5 of 19 (377 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Wait, batteries aren't needed anymore for the flashlight? That sucks, I would have loved to have manage my batteries and maybe be stuck with a really intense part in the dark
Message 6 of 19 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Did you miss my post?

sig.png

Message 7 of 19 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 3, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

Did you miss my post?

But can the flashlight actually run out and not work? I might have misunderstood you

Message 8 of 19 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Psilo...... I really dont think ND would have put 2 types torches......
Message 9 of 19 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

Yes, but I'm not sure how many times you can shake it to recharge it before you need new batteries or if you can constantly shake for a little extra juice.

thefisrtofus wrote:
Psilo...... I really dont think ND would have put 2 types torches......

What do you mean? A shakable flashlight uses magnets that interact with the batteries to give them a temporary charge. I don't understand where you got two different types of lights from.

sig.png

Message 10 of 19 (331 Views)
0 Likes