Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Re: Changes Noticed in the demo

Jun 3, 2013
You still need to find batteries, you can just temporarily charge it.
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 11 of 19 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Jun 3, 2013

thefisrtofus wrote:
Well first I noticed.. we no longer pick up the gun. We rather load each bullet.
I guess its a good change. For the fact that we while running can pick up ammo..it just slows down for a sec..
And loading happens while running is also good. As u need to be quick when u mess up a infected situation.
I want it to be realistic. But not at the cost of gameplay. I dont want it to be irritating.

And they also implemented chargeable torch rather than collect batteries for it
The aiming riticule seems the same...
I just noted some dots around it sometimes while shooting. Don't know what that's for..

Any other change u noticed...?

P.S. Melee looks classy. Joel feels tighter. Atmosphere was tensed. But was bot frightening.
the dots are hit markers but really good ones actually depending on how many dots you get represents the damage that youve done to the enemy and how good your shot placement were. i really like that hit marking system. 

Message 12 of 19 (134 Views)
Sackboy
480 posts

Jun 3, 2013
I think we should stop fighting over batteries and start finding some more differences......
Message 13 of 19 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 3, 2013

thefisrtofus wrote:
I think we should stop fighting over batteries and start finding some more differences......

No one's fighting, man. We're discussing and sharing our knowledge.

sig.png

Message 14 of 19 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Really? Phew! I was worried we'd have an infinate flashlight for a moment there, since you don't need batteries in the demo, and recharging takes so little work it's practically pointless.
Message 15 of 19 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jun 3, 2013

doesnt seem like a heated convo one bit to me either. i also noticed that battery change. it led me to think that there perhaps are parts of the game where its either impossible or irritatingly difficult to pass if you came upon it with no light available. that kinda seems like the major reason why one can charge his light. ofcourse it will be awsome to run out of batteries and have to fight in the spooky dark and everything. i bet theres puzzles or something in the dark that need light to shred. i find that in situations like that in vidya games they tend to kinda flood the previous sections in the level with whatever it is that youll absolutely need, like batteries for this example. but there could be that one in 50 chance guy who uses all the important items (batteries) bein an idiot right before the "puzzle" or whatever it is that next in the level. perhaps the idiot could still figure it out without the item, but it would take real long and would suck just a little too much. they dnt wnt that. maybe?

Alone and forsaken by fate and by man. Oh lord if you hear me please hold my hand. Oh please understand.
Message 16 of 19 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Who else ran for their life in the demo slowly killing off the enemies? Is it possible to take all of them out quietly? I just ran in circles until I finished them off. I hope I don't have to do this in the actual game. I had almost no strategy except run and shoot and swing.

Message 17 of 19 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2887 posts

Jun 3, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

Who else ran for their life in the demo slowly killing off the enemies? Is it possible to take all of them out quietly? I just ran in circles until I finished them off. I hope I don't have to do this in the actual game. I had almost no strategy except run and shoot and swing.

Yeah there's a video somewhere that shows him killing each without ever being seen.

Message 18 of 19 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jun 3, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

Yes, you can take them all out without being seen, and even without throwing any bottles for distractions. You just need to plan more carefully.

Message 19 of 19 (62 Views)
0 Likes