Mar 19 2014
By: Alpha-Ghost-775 First Son 16 posts

Character deaths effecting you?

[ Edited ]
19 replies 677 views Edited Mar 22, 2014

let me explain what i mean. now when i play through the story, the main the last of us story. i kinda never want to die at any point in the game cause joels deaths kinda screw with my mind. when you die at any point with ellie or sarah, it makes you think what will happen to those two characters. how will ellie suvive the hunters in pittsburge. if joel died on that bridge, what would ellie have to do. if joel died in 'winter' how will the events for ellie turn out with dave. each kind of death effects me. am i the only one?

I altered the title a bit to avoid potential spoilers

Mna_Grok

even though it says ALPHA-GHOST-775 its actually
ALPHA-GHOST-187
Message 1 of 20 (677 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Re: joel dying effecting you?

Mar 19, 2014

I never really thought that way, i just waited for him to respawn. Sometimes that loading screen full of Fireflies would show up and i'd get **bleep** off.

Message 2 of 20 (653 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Mar 19, 2014

I see what you mean. But, they don't affect me in that way. I just get disgusted when Joel dies (death scenes are gruesome). I forget about it while I'm playing because the game is so intense. After I'm done playing though, it slightly bothers me mainly because he's my favorite character. Thank God I didn't die from a bloater, I wouldn't be able to remove that image from my mind for months.

Message 3 of 20 (645 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2014

While I can't say that Joel's dieing messes with my head... I am compelled to be more careful with keeping him alive than any other character I've played.

I do think the worst Joel death is the one that you probably wouldn't see unless you went out of your way to make it happen.

The one where you are running holding Ellie, escaping the Fireflies. If you get caught... that death scene hits right in the feels.

Message 4 of 20 (595 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 19, 2014

TomatoDragon wrote:

While I can't say that Joel's dieing messes with my head... I am compelled to be more careful with keeping him alive than any other character I've played.

I do think the worst Joel death is the one that you probably wouldn't see unless you went out of your way to make it happen.

The one where you are running holding Ellie, escaping the Fireflies. If you get caught... that death scene hits right in the feels.

I remember doing that on purpose on my 3rd playthrough just to see what would happen. There are I think 3 or 4 different death scenes reuslting from that. They were all heart wrenching Smiley Sad For example, when they catch you, they snatch Ellie away violently then push you on the ground to execute you. The other one, if I can remember, shows one of the Fireflies hitting the back of Joel's knees and then taking Ellie away (who drops after Joel is hit) while Joel cries in despair. Therafter, Joel is then shot in the head.That was one those moments that I felt rage and anger with the Fireflies Smiley Mad

young beard signature
Message 5 of 20 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Mar 19, 2014

Yes i totally get what you mean. I don't like it when he dies and i do think about what would happen to Ellie in the various locations so i try my best not to die. I also think about it when i play as Ellie in winter, Joel waking up and finding her dead urgh.

On a side note i thought the loading screen was spores not fireflies? I could be wrong.

Message 6 of 20 (578 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
787 posts

Mar 20, 2014

Man, that's deep. Can't say Joel's deaths ever 'affected' me, aside from the bloater death animation that messed me up a little. Although the most traumatising would have to be when you're defending Ellie, Sam and Henry from the armoured truck and the guy with the molotov nails the lot of them, Joel gets to watch the 3 of them roasting through his scope. - That was pretty dark to me.

Message 7 of 20 (536 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 22, 2014

I was serching the forum for a technical solution.

Instead I find a **bleep** big spoiler of the games ending.

Thanks for destroying the game experience for me!

Message 8 of 20 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

Mar 22, 2014

Doan04 wrote:

I was serching the forum for a technical solution.

Instead I find a **bleep** big spoiler of the games ending.

Thanks for destroying the game experience for me!

Your own fault.  It's the truth, but you will consider this as a rude reply.

Message 9 of 20 (454 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 22, 2014

It's my fault that the spoiler was in the TITLE? (now changed by a mod?)

Pls, explain me how that works.

Message 10 of 20 (447 Views)
0 Likes