Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 20 2013
By: TJByrum Hekseville Citizen 359 posts

Clicker Strategy Questions

2 replies 374 views Edited Jun 20, 2013

Best way to deal with most stuff in the game is through stealth, I know, but when a Clicker goes in a frenzy I find it to be the hardest part of the game.

First off, I know a Clicker takes more shots to die, is immune to headshots, and only reacts to movement and sound.  So long as you use stealth, you'll be fine.

Now my questions: a Clicker has a one-hit kill on Joel, but this can be countered as long as you have a shiv, correct?  Do stealth attacks only work with shivs or can you strangle them?

Any other useful tactics are appreaciated.  I had a lot trouble in the game with Clickers at first, but I got better.

4. Mass Effect 2
Message 1 of 3 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Re: Clicker Strategy Questions

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

You have to have a Shiv. (when u upgrade the shivs you basically dont have to worry about them anymore.)

well, with Ellie I could throw a brick or bottle against there "face" and then knife it. I never tried it with Joel though.

If they do get frenzied run away from them and get some distance. They will go quiet again

Have fun.

Btw. sometimes when throwing something they all go to that spot (if there are more in an area). Do that and then throw a molotov. Fun times.

TLOU Ellie Signature photo Snowysignature2_zps1e7a159e.png
Message 2 of 3 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Re: Clicker Strategy Questions

Jun 20, 2013
  1. Stealth grab + Shiv
  2. Melee weapon - can catch them running if you swing it early enough
  3. Shotgun/Shorty - One/Two hit kill, if fired from right distance
  4. Counter grab that costs 75 "pills" and requires a shiv, triggered by pressing triangle when grabbed
  5. Bottle/brick stun and then follow up with melee weapon/gun, sometimes need just one good melee hit this way.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 3 (364 Views)
0 Likes