Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Re: Clickers don't make sense

Jun 30, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

JerGodZ wrote:

So they hear sound, and movement?

No, if you're still, you seem like a part of the environment, if you move fast, you seem like a potential threat.

More like potential food lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 19 (158 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 30, 2013

Message 12 of 19 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 30, 2013
Sorry I was reading and my phone flipped out and posted a blank comment. But I think the clickers use a very primitive form of echo location. Like what others have said.
Message 13 of 19 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jun 30, 2013
They can see like bats but they can't think like bats. They "see" with their clicks, yes, but they don't really have enough brains left to process the feedback their getting. So if you're standing still next to them, they don't think "oh, that's a human"--they don't think at all. You might as well be an umbrella stand. But if they see something moving, whether that's a dog, a human, a garbage can, or a desk, they're gonna go for it.
Message 14 of 19 (118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 30, 2013

You guys are killing me.  This was already answered.  They can HEAR fine...they cant SEE.  So if you MOVE to fast they can HEAR you but not see you... the echolocation gives them an idea of their enviroment.  

Message 15 of 19 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Jun 30, 2013

jealousbanjo wrote:

This is pretty nitpicky, but was anyone else bothered by clickers? 

During your first encounter with a clicker, as it makes its clicking sounds,  it's explained that they "see with sound, like bats". Bats use echolaction, sending out sounds (like clickers) and forming images of the environment based on changes in the reflected sound. 

However, all you need to do to avoid them in be silent. You can stand right in front of a clicker and it won't notice you, which is not consistent at all with echolocation. The way you avoid them by being silent just implies that they have good "normal" hearing. 

It's a small issue, but really stood out as a bizarre mistake from Naugthy Dog. 

No. even if you're standing still, and they're walking around "clicking", if you're near they're grab range, then they will eat you! You must be playing this on normal or easy, because those darn clickers will get you if you're out in the open, while they're clicking, and near them. By the way, I'm playing "The Last of Us" on survival setting.

Message 16 of 19 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jun 30, 2013
Sierra pretty much has it. Think of it this way, the regular infected are always moaning and generally flippin out. S o after being a fungis infected pcp addict you lose your site doesn't that blow so instinct kicks in you use what you have left, hearing and touch ( I assume at this point they have also lost smell) there throat and vocals have no doubt been messed ip so instead of moaning like usual they click.

They fourm up echo location since as mentioned before in a primiative way since it probably a natursl evolutional path (and this is a game so most enimes are alike) I'm typing this on a phone and so get tired of making a long message, so i am goin to stop hete with the thought that the rest can be figured out if using a logical snd scintificsl/biological point of view.
Message 17 of 19 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

They are humans not bats, close your eyes and try to hear where I am if I am not moving around. If you can't tell then neither can clickers. Bats have better hearing than humans.... Echolocation is something EVERYONE has, it's just they RELY on it. They didn't form some mutated ability they just went blind and like any blind thing, they use their hearing to see.

I honestly can't believe people keep asking this, no offence or anything but this stuff should be common sense lol.

Message 18 of 19 (85 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jun 30, 2013

Pretty sure that was a conscious decision by ND. Clickers would just be impossible too hard to beat stealthily if they picked up on every sound you made. If you move too fast, they'll still notice you. That's enough for me.

Message 19 of 19 (67 Views)