01-04-2013 05:59 AM
Ditch the combined modes of UC3 NDI, because it SUCKS. Get back to separated modes and be sure to include a survival only option.
Also. Co-Op Arena in UC3 is WAY too long. It takes forever to complete a crushing match of Arena. Find a way to shorten things up like it was in UC2. Co-Op matches should run between 10-20 minutes, like a DM based playlist game.
Enough with 30, 40, 45 minute Co-Op matches.
BIG EXPECTATIONS HERE NDI.
That is all.
01-04-2013 03:26 PM
01-04-2013 05:33 PM
There are several threads already talking about this topic, but yes, I agree, this game needs to be its own game. I hate calling infected "zombies". Yes, they have similarities with zombies but Cordyceps infects living creatures moving them to high ground to infect more living creatures, that's not a zombie, that's a host of a type of parasite, or as I like to call it: "Infected".
01-06-2013 11:18 AM
... Who said there was gonna be co-op in this game in the first place?
The Last of Us, Naughty Dog's post-Uncharted, post-apocalyptic action game has not had any multiplayer details revealed thus far, but that doesn't mean the Sony studio isn't working on it - and it could well be a co-op mode according to a new Naughty Dog vacancy.
Creative director Neil Druckmann confirmed multiplayer for the game back in June, with the stipulation that "it is not co-op within the main campaign."
It could well be a variation on co-op action though, with the developer hiring for a co-op Game Designer.
Among the requirements are the following:
- Co-op AI & encounter design - designing and scripting co-op combat encounters, AI behavior design, and difficulty balancing.
- Co-op system design - creating mechanics, game modes, progression systems, reward structures, social features, etc. to serve the co-op experience.
- Creating and iterating gameplay designs with the team, and working in script to implement and/or tune them.
- Experience designing levels for single player for co-op console games
- Strong understanding of co-op level design and encounter design
- Strong understanding of co-op gameplay mechanics
- A strong passion to innovate in the area of co-op design
It all potentially fits The Last of Us as far as we can tell, especially compared to other Naughty Dog franchises.
It sounds as if Naughty Dog wants to do for co-op, what it did for multiplayer in Uncharted 3 - with talk of social features, AI, combat, scripting and the 'passion to innovate' part.
Maybe multiplayer in The Last of Us hasn't even got off the drawing board yet? How would you like to see the studio innovate with co-op?
01-06-2013 12:48 PM
Oh. Well, I was under the intention they were working on Competitive MP, hence the pre-order bonuses they released...