Jun 21 2013
By: CozMick Sackboy 476 posts

Collecting supplies has become tedious!

14 replies 449 views Edited Jun 21, 2013

I'm currently level 18, having unlocked everything the need to collect supplies has gone and it has now become tedious.

Reviving players, healing, special executions and the "challenges" are pointless.

With no persistent ranking system and minimal unlocks I see this games player numbers dropping like a stone because I dont feel like im being rewarded but punished.

Its not the best feeling while playing seeing your clan numbers dwindle because you're stuck in a catch 22 situation, feel punished for not collecting the pointless supplies or collecting them for no reason :/

Such a shame, otherwise great multiplayer.

Message 1 of 15 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: Collecting supplies has become tedious!

Jun 21, 2013

Just wait until ND implements a tournament system like Uncharted 3's.

You'll be able to unlock stat hats, and get dinosaur heads, and alien wings, and horse **bleep** for your avatars pants.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 2 of 15 (441 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jun 21, 2013
It's even more difficult to collect all the supplies you need when you're playing with a good team. There just isn't enough kills to go around.
Message 3 of 15 (409 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 21, 2013

In my opinion this game should have never included multiplayer. that way they could have made the story longer and better(if that's even possible)

Message 4 of 15 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Throney wrote:

In my opinion this game should have never included multiplayer. that way they could have made the story longer and better(if that's even possible)

Agreed. This is no game for MP.

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 5 of 15 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Pretty sure they had the story and script in place before even thinking about the multiplayer. They probably had in mind which parts were playable so there would be no addition to the single player. They are working on single player dlc already. I love the multiplayer and will play it for a long time and I'm sure a lot of people agree. I understand what you're saying though, but that is no reason to rid the game of multiplayer. It had no effect on the single player at all. 

Message 6 of 15 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
272 posts

Jun 22, 2013

I wish teammates could pick up dropped supplies for you, perhaps eventually receiving some bonus supplies or parts themselves for doing so. There's nothing worse than having to travel well out of your way (sometimes across the map) just to gather that little blue blip on the radar.

Once I earn the trophies and unlocks, I probably won't even bother anymore.

Message 7 of 15 (341 Views)
Wastelander
594 posts

Jun 22, 2013
I would agree, currently my only incentive to play the multiplayer is the trophies so I can platinum this awesome game. The multiplayer does have a lot of penalties and the challenge missions just seem to annoy. I don't see any other incentive to keep playing, although the multiplayer is pretty fun.
Message 8 of 15 (335 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Ahmed13 wrote:

Pretty sure they had the story and script in place before even thinking about the multiplayer. They probably had in mind which parts were playable so there would be no addition to the single player. They are working on single player dlc already. I love the multiplayer and will play it for a long time and I'm sure a lot of people agree. I understand what you're saying though, but that is no reason to rid the game of multiplayer. It had no effect on the single player at all. 

Oh. It's here now and isn't going anywhere but i guess i just feel it wasn't even needed in the first place. I understand people like it and that's fine. I like to think a lot of material was probably cut from the game for one reason or another.. one of them being production time when they also have to worry about working on the multiplayer aswell. Another being available disc space.. Without multiplayer there would have been a larger window to work on the singleplayer game and more available space for more content in singleplayer aswell. It is what it is though. Also, I am not complaining about anything. Just discussing. Sorry if i have bothered you.

Message 9 of 15 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 22, 2013

xxDerpdeederpxx wrote:
They only added multiplayer for the customers. It's a gift but hey let's **bleep** about it :smileyvery-happy: ungrateful **bleep**ers XD

It's not a gift. It was a part of the $60 package. People who paid for the game have a right to complain. That's like saying you got a free Dualshock 3 with your PS3 slim.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 10 of 15 (290 Views)
0 Likes