Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 24 2013
By: SurvivorRexX First Son 6 posts

Completed the game once but...

[ Edited ]
8 replies 233 views Edited Jun 24, 2013

So I completed the game once and it was amazing! But I don't feel like I played it properly, I mean it took me 10hrs to complete on hard and I got around 100+ deaths. I could of gotten less but I seriously just picked the game up and played it non stop. 

The problem is, I want to play the game a second time round on Survivor and try play more realistic? But I know for a fact I won't get the same experience :smileysad:  my mind keeps saying I've completed the game it was the best game I've played. But somthing keeps telling me I could of played more stealthier or I should of took breaks instead of rushing levels. I'm kind of depressed IRL and have a bit of anxiety/OCD issues. So I think to myself I should of done everything perfect when obviously nothing is perfect and nothing can be perfect in a video game. There were times in the game where I did rush a little because of the frustration and the god **bleep** clickers (WHICH ARE ANNOYING AS SH*T!)

Sorry if I sounded a bit weird, but yeah, I just wanted to experience this one of a kind masterpiece to the maximum potential. Don't get me wrong, most cut scenes I got chills, The cut scene where Ellie and Joel argue in the house near Tommy's place made me tear up.

Message 1 of 9 (233 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Re: Completed the game once but...

Jun 24, 2013

Here is someone else who is more experienced then me talking about himself playing the game for a second time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3Cf-Ft3VY

Its pretty short, so after this you should easily be able to decide what you want to do. :smileyhappy:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
-Ezekiel 25:17
Message 2 of 9 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
421 posts

Jun 24, 2013

I'd go for NG+ first myself, because I liked the fact your upgrades carried over. Myself I'm gonna give it some time before going for a third playthrough, this time on survivor. Just not feeling to go through that emotional rollercoaster of a story right now.

Message 3 of 9 (211 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Played it on Hard 1st and it took me about 26hours to finish. I really tried to look for everything and not just rush through but, only found like 80% of the collectibles.

Started Survivor and its a much better experience. No listen mode, less supplies, and more damage makes it feel alot more realistic overall. I wish a death made you restart the whole chapter, it would really up the tension.

Message 4 of 9 (187 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Ermm?

Blagged at the moment dude, **bleep** lol

Message 5 of 9 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jun 24, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

Played it on Hard 1st and it took me about 26hours to finish. I really tried to look for everything and not just rush through but, only found like 80% of the collectibles.

Started Survivor and its a much better experience. No listen mode, less supplies, and more damage makes it feel alot more realistic overall. I wish a death made you restart the whole chapter, it would really up the tension.

In Dead Space 2 on the hardest difficulty, there's save stations and on the highest difficulty, you can only save 3 times in the ENTIRE game. Autosaves are disabled and when you die, you go to the last save spot. Makes it pretty freakin' tense.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 6 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 24, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

Play demon souls if you want similar experience.

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 7 of 9 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
359 posts

Jun 24, 2013
I wonder how many people made the decision:

1. Go with a New Game Plus...
2. Or Survivor mode...

I personally went with Survivor, but it was to hard so I went to Normal and will now beat it on Normal. Afterwards I may do a New Game Plus for Normal or if I feel better at the game I will go Survivor.
4. Mass Effect 2
Message 8 of 9 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Jun 24, 2013

TJByrum wrote:
I wonder how many people made the decision:

1. Go with a New Game Plus...
2. Or Survivor mode...

I personally went with Survivor, but it was to hard so I went to Normal and will now beat it on Normal. Afterwards I may do a New Game Plus for Normal or if I feel better at the game I will go Survivor.

Done both.

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 9 of 9 (148 Views)
0 Likes