Jun 19 2013
By: Baconis Splicer 42 posts

Concerns about future "The Last of Us" games

6 replies 1438 views Edited Jun 19, 2013

There are ALOT of people hoping and petitioning for sequels.

i DO have some concerns!

Very few games out there can ster emotions as well as this games story of Joel and Ellie.

The Old Broken man who lost everything.  And the Young Kid with nothing to lose.

My concern is the story and the emotion.

Many companies seem to like destroying said "Emotional Bonds" with characters by killing them!  Via "Sacrifice"

i hate this with a passion.  i can't play mass Effect anymore because of the ending of the Trilogy.  (and i hope literally thousands of hours into ME 1 and 2, you could say i was its biggest fan)

I hope that ND chooses a happy over all ending in future games. 

Like finding away to Cure the Infection either without Ellie, or Without Killing or miaming her.

MY HOPE is that Joel and Ellie get to have that Father Daughter relationship they never had.  (Joel's was taken from him 20 years ago as it bled out in his arms)  (and Ellie who's parents died at.... somepoint in her life.)  Even if it takes acouple of games.  (I wonder what will happen when Ellie learns about Joel's lie at the end of the game?)

GO for the happy ending Naughty Dog.  PLEASE don't choose Death Sacrifice as a theme!!!  (there are other ways to Sacrifice without Killing or Miaming a character)  As Ellie has already learned.  (Winter Sequence)

"Some times i find myself wondering, is it all worth fighting for.... for a future without fear.... ya its worth it!" ~ Kris Redfield, Resident evil 5

"I don't need luck, i've got ammo!" ~Grunt, Mass Effect 3

"After everything we've been through.... After Everything i've done.... It can't all be for nothing." ~Ellie, The Last of Us

"...Hold onto your Morales and Die or do whatever it takes to survive..." ~ Ellie, The Last of Us TV spot
Message 1 of 7 (1,438 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Re: Concerns about future "The Last of Us" games

Jun 19, 2013

psshh that would be too cliche, I want a twist ending, that would be awesome! but id prefer like a prequel, during joels hunter days, OR a sequel about different survivors, and please for the love of god if you make a sequel dont call it the last of us 2.

Message 2 of 7 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Jun 19, 2013

I hate Hollywood endings.

TLOU Ellie Signature photo Snowysignature2_zps1e7a159e.png
Message 3 of 7 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Jun 19, 2013
Yea this is my concern too, they'll prolly off one of em if they make a sequel. Truthfully I'm still worried bout one of em dying in dlc
Message 4 of 7 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jun 19, 2013

im betting that the DLC is about Joel back when he was a hunter

Message 5 of 7 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Every single movie and game that ever comes out has a happy ending, which makes them boring as **bleep** because you already know what's going to happen before you even start.

That's why I love Tarantino movies. 

Message 6 of 7 (278 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Hell, I was worried they were going to kill one of them in THIS game! You know the part I'm talking about. That was brutal on my emotions!

Message 7 of 7 (202 Views)
0 Likes