Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Re: Confirmed in the Season Pass DLC: Co-Op Mode

Jun 28, 2013

Unless the MP DLC coming out was "a few new maps", I was expecting it to be "co-op human survivors vs AI Infected" all along, given that's glaringly missing from the game as released, and pretty much the most obvious multiplayer match type for the whole game!

I'm assuming that however it's implemented, it will be part of the metagame they're pushing for MP (i.e. it will be a third type of MP match style: "Clear Out Infected" or something), but obviously we don't know yet.

Thanks to the TC for the info, though (and that simple visual response to basically "pics or you're wrong" was awesome!)

Message 21 of 30 (438 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Is this referring to cooperative play through the story mode or something else entirely? I don't understand how it'd work in the story, considering

Spoiler
the amount of character swaps, like when Ellie is on her own for a while during winter.
Message 22 of 30 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jun 28, 2013

bluegears wrote:

Is this referring to cooperative play through the story mode or something else entirely? I don't understand how it'd work in the story, considering

Spoiler
the amount of character swaps, like when Ellie is on her own for a while during winter.

We don't really know. Except, if they have Co-op, it won't be the exact same singleplayer but co-op. Like you said, there's parts where it HAS to be singleplayer. I would imagine it'll be completely different. Maybe the time between that huge jump. What is it again, Winter to spring or was it something else?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 23 of 30 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

Jun 28, 2013

bluegears wrote:

Spoiler

I'm assuming it's gonna be a MP co-op mode. Like the co-op in Uncharted multiplayers. Some small missions you can complete in groups of 3 or 4.

Message 24 of 30 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Jun 28, 2013

let's hope you're right and let's hope it's not of the same quality as shade survival was, I want a proper coop in this game...

Message 25 of 30 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Jun 28, 2013
Guys it could be free and not part as season pass, there are such things as free In real life ya know? (;
Message 26 of 30 (324 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Co-Op is a MUST, I can't wait to hear more about the DLC. 

"There are no atheists in the 85th minute" - Teju Cole
Message 27 of 30 (315 Views)
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Jun 28, 2013

NFSSTRIKER wrote:
Guys it could be free and not part as season pass, there are such things as free In real life ya know? (;

*looks at Uncharted 3* - no, just no...

Message 28 of 30 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

Jun 28, 2013

doesn't anyone realize that you're getting ripped off?! Co-Op is included in every game. Now Greedy Dogs sell it as DLC and is still the coolest thing

Message 29 of 30 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

This is ********. They are making as pay for a mode that should have been included in the game.

Edit: profanity

Message 30 of 30 (283 Views)
0 Likes