First Son
24 posts

Re: Content Filter

Dec 12, 2013

This would be a good idea!

I would love to have the option to turn off bad language in the game, it adds nothing to the game. Smiley Sad

Message 101 of 118 (222 Views)
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Dec 12, 2013

I don't understand why people would ask for this. The game was intended with all the rough and dirt. 

Message 102 of 118 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

Dec 12, 2013
Josh if all those things bother you then DON'T PLAY THE GAME !! >>>>>>>>> Maybe you should consider Sonic All Stars Racing it might be more to your taste.
Message 103 of 118 (213 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Mar 5, 2014
I am here because I was looking into this. I like the games, can't stand the language. I want an option, especially with my kids playing in their room and running around. I pause the game when they come into the room...one is sensitive to nightmares, pause solves that. But they can still hear the language...now I need to buy some Bluetooth headphones. But even with headphones it does not change the fact that I don't like the language either. I just want the option so everyone can be catered to. I like that I can turn the gore off in last of us...not sure what it eliminates yet, but I like that I have the option!!!
Message 104 of 118 (164 Views)
Splicer
38 posts

Mar 6, 2014

VinylFilmMan wrote:
I am here because I was looking into this. I like the games, can't stand the language. I want an option, especially with my kids playing in their room and running around. I pause the game when they come into the room...one is sensitive to nightmares, pause solves that. But they can still hear the language...now I need to buy some Bluetooth headphones. But even with headphones it does not change the fact that I don't like the language either. I just want the option so everyone can be catered to. I like that I can turn the gore off in last of us...not sure what it eliminates yet, but I like that I have the option!!!

This is NOT a game to play when they're around if your kids are that sensitive.  Come on man...do you need me to tell you this?  Wait until they go to bed or are gone somewhere.  I had to wait until my daughter proved she could handle this game...and then it was a great experience for her and I.  Total bonding experience for us.  That being said, it's YOUR responsibility as a parent to not play content that they are not ready for.  You sure wouldn't put on a rated R movie and then look for a PG version of it so you could watch it when they were around.  A game is just an interactive movie nowdays and needs to be apprached with the same regard as the rating should tell you if it's suitable for children or not.  And just as a FYI, this game is rated as "Mature" = Rated R.  Not suitable for kids under 18.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=32916&Title=

Message 105 of 118 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Mar 6, 2014

I didn't even realize that there could be an issue with the "explicit content" of this M rated game until this thread got necrobumped. Smiley Indifferent

Art by Janice Chu
Message 106 of 118 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 12, 2014

I am the wife of user BigRam0110. My husband and our teen son came home with this game today. I came on looking for a way to filter out the language. There are a lot of gamers who like these types of games but don't like to hear the F word every 30 seconds. Vulgarity is really not necessary to enjoy a game and I would appreciate a filter as well. Thank you

Message 107 of 118 (120 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 12, 2014

foofighter2634 wrote:

I didn't even realize that there could be an issue with the "explicit content" of this M rated game until this thread got necrobumped. Smiley Indifferent

Foofighter, just because something is rated M doesn't mean it has to be vulgar. I understand the mature rating for the zombies, fighting, and the gore.  Just a way for people who don't like to hear that type of language to disable it would be nice.

Message 108 of 118 (117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 9, 2014

i was thinking about getting this game for my son who is 10, until i watched a youtube video of the game. my son and i watch walking dead, and he loves that show...and he would love the game. but i cannot buy a game that has a 14 yr old girl swearing like she does. why is it that one of the hoteset shows on tv  the walking dead can make a story without all the sweareing, yet naughty dog can't?

if they had a filter i would buy this game for the ps4 day 1, think of how many more people would purchase the game if they did.

i will pass, and you lose 70$, and we lose by not being able to play such a great game.

Message 109 of 118 (85 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Apr 9, 2014

walking dead seems to do just fine without the swaering!  why can't this game just have a simple filter?

Message 110 of 118 (277 Views)